ProCap Recruitment Q3 2021
The Senior Protection Advisors’ role will be to:
- Strengthen the strategic and operational response of the Humanitarian Country Team (or humanitarian community), conduct protection analysis and develop protection strategies and implementation plans for the Humanitarian Country Team/ Humanitarian Coordinator/ Resident Coordinator.
- Support protection coordination mechanisms, lead protection mainstreaming efforts, guide the development of comprehensive protection strategies and build in-country protection capacities including preparedness and contingency planning, working with relevant actors.
- Support national governments in the elaboration of protection strategies and frameworks for durable solutions for IDPs.
- Development and implementation of national protection policies, strategies, and operations in support of assistance, return/resettlement and recovery in situations of internal displacement.
- Advocacy with host authorities, within humanitarian community and donors
These tasks are expected to be performed with emphasis on inter-agency leadership and advice to the protection response, including vis-à-vis internally displaced persons and other affected populations.
Experience and Language requirements:
- At least 10 years experience as a protection expert in a humanitarian context
- Experience within Housing, Land and Property (HLP), Durable Solutions and Nexus-related issues
- Fluency in English is required
Professional working capacity in French, Spanish, Portuguese and/or Arabic is highly desirable
- Excellent influencing and negotiation abilities
- Highly developed networking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed resiliency to work and live, in remote locations with high levels of stress
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Ability to build consensus
- Missions normally last for 6 months, with possibilities of extension
- No family allowances are offered
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Free housing of moderate standard on assignment
- 2,5 leave days per month and R&R where applicable as per UN rules and regulations
- Medical/health insurance.
- Employed by the Norwegian Refugee Council while deployed to the UN
Selected candidates are expected to be available for mission within the first three (3) to six (6) months of having been accepted to the roster.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete psychometric tests as part of the selection process.
Final interviews will be conducted remotely.
All candidates will receive feedback within three weeks after the closing of this advertisement.
Application Procedures and CV Registration:
Kindly submit your CV and application in English and include your full name as written in your passport.
It is expected that you build a CV in our HR system by completing your personal information, education, professional work history, language skills and other relevant sections in the fields available.
NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on shortlisted candidates.
Approved Health Certificate will be required prior to contract commencement and deployment.