Clinical Manager - Influx project (National position)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The IRC is preparing to support the Royal Thai Government to provide humanitarian assistance should a large-scale influx of displaced persons arrive in Thailand seeking protection due to the turbulent situation in Myanmar following the 01 February 2021 military takeover.
Under supervision of Emergency Health Coordinator, the Clinical Manager provides timely emergency effective health response to address essential health needs of influx population affected from volatile political crisis in Myanmar. To ensure Health related needs of the affected population are properly covered, the Clinical Manger will effectively support the collective preparing and response with guidance of Emergency Health coordinator align with the protocol and procedures of National and Provincial coordination body. The Clinical Manager will base in Mae Sot IRC- Health office under supervision of Emergency Health Coordinator. He or she will responsible to supervise all health staff of the IRC Health Emergency Response Team with close technical coordination and support with Senior Health Coordinator, Health Coordinator.
- Carry out daily implementation and timely emergency response of influx project
- Serve as focal person to conduct Emergency Health program activities such as mobile clinics, facility base health service provision according to agreed workplan and objectives align with Royal Thai Government policies and procedures.
- To ensure Emergency Health Response Plan is on track and align with context and needs of affected population,
- Provide ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the knowledge and skills of clinical staff, Outreach health volunteers and provide feedback to improve identified gaps.
- Capacity Building of the Influx health team (Assist Emergency Health Coordinator to develop SOP, guidelines, and check lists) and conduct trainings
- Ensure proper influx pharmacy management align with IRC pharmacy management tools
- Ensure the utilization of drugs and medical supplies are in line with protocols. Provide technical oversight in reviewing monthly consumption patterns, approving monthly requisition
- Assist HC for inquiries on the Health Program response plans and relevant interventions
- In cooperation with the IRC Health team, support to HC for the development, contingency planning for potential new influx of refugees in Thailand and other interagency planning.
- Asist to Identify gaps in the field of WASH and Health conceptualize how inter-sectoral needs can be met through collective delivery
- Responsible to monitor spending related to health budget monitoring are on track and timely inform to Senior Emergency Health Program Management team for budget adjustment need.
- Assist to EHC to provide technical support to
implementing partner in monitoring and evaluation related to implementing
Assessment and Analysis and Standards:
- Planning, information, interventions, monitoring and quality assurance, and regularly report on health services delivered to the affected population.
Monitoring and reporting:
- Assist to EHC to ensure adequate monitoring mechanisms are in place to review impact of Health interventions and progress against implementation plans
- Assist to EHC to ensure adequate Health impact reporting and effective information sharing to demonstrate the closing of gaps.
Position Reports to: Emergency Health Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Emergency Influx Health Team
Indirect Reporting: Senior Health Coordinator
Other Internal Contacts: Deputy Director of Program, Health Coordinator-
Refugee Program, Sr. Environmental Health Manager, Senior Awards Management
Coordinator, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, Regional Emergency Coordinator
Other External Contacts: Health representatives from implementing agencies and other actors, Health Sector Coordinator