Project Lead â Respiratory Care
Duration: 8 months (on 3rd party payroll)
Location: New Delhi
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Respiratory Care Management (RCM) program
PATH has been working in the field of oxygen delivery for almost a decade. Working globally over 10 geographies, including India, our medical oxygen technical assistance has brought together advocacy and policy, market development, engineering, product design / innovation, and health system strengthening. PATH is a key member of the ACT-A COVID-19 Oxygen Emergency Task Force led by the WHO. PATH’s team is made up of both global and country-based experts with in-depth understanding of oxygen ecosystem providing support. We have tools and expertise to support rigorous facility oxygen needs assessments, quantification, costing and oxygen distribution network design and facility selection.
In India, PATH has been working closely for the last 1 year with various government, non-government and private stakeholders in the Indian states of Maharashtra, Punjab and Karnataka providing technical assistance to address delays and fast track installation of Government of India / PM Cares approved PSA oxygen plants. Currently, PATH is working with government officials, donors, and partners to providing technical assistance to 14 states for helping them become self-sufficient in oxygen.
Project Lead – Respiratory Care
Deliver on Respiratory Care project:
- Ensure complete operationalization of Oxygen Equipment by providing Technical Assistance to State governments and Healthcare facilities.
- Under the guidance of Lead, Support Unit – Operations and Lead, Support Unit – Technical, manage all activities pertaining to oxygen equipment per sites e.g. Needs assessment, site-readiness, operationalization and installation.
- Serve as thought partner to project team in problem solving and developing systematic solutions that ensure quality project implementation.
- Coordinate with Support Unit Leads to ensure optimal collaboration with PATH’s other oxygen projects, in particular Operations, to ensure alignment of systems, processes and initiatives across portfolio.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of state government and facility needs and requirements
- Serve as the link of communication between leadership team and internal teams; resolve any issues and problems faced by state governments and healthcare facilities to maintain trust.
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Focus on ethics and compliances – including Legal, Financial and Internal Audits
Leadership and team management:
- Under the guidance of Support Unit leads, provide leadership across the project to ensure timely and prudent decision-making, effective and efficient collaboration among matrixed teams, and best management practices.
- Lead and manage a team of managers – project manager, operations manager and technical manager by providing strategic oversight and constructive feedback to ensure project delivery.
- Lead field team to ensure effective on-ground implementation of project and complete operationalization of plants.
- Under the guidance of Lead, Support Unit – Technical, interface with the donor.
- Liaison with state government and healthcare facilities to ensure complete operationalization of oxygen equipment.
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors/ donors/ governments and other stakeholders
- Model PATH’s values and people philosophy.
- Advanced degree in business, management, public health or related field.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience leading business operations and analytics, project management and knowledge management in the global health or development sector.
- Experience managing large, complex projects funded by the US government or other bi-laterals, including: start up, close out, execution, audit, meeting deliverables and ensuring compliance with multiple donors and regulations.
- Should have at least 10 years of experience in liaison with various State Governments across India.
- Should have at least 15 years of experience in leading and managing operations and field teams. Experience of managing Engineering teams is preferred.
- Proven track record leading systematic change through strategic planning and developing and managing systems, tools and processes.
- Prior experience working in low resource country with responsibility for finance, budgeting of projects, and country operations.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results while exercising good judgment and working collaboratively.
- Skilled systems thinker with demonstrated experience in pragmatic problem solving.
- Proven success managing people and developing talent.
- Track record of taking initiative, leading through influence and building relationships to achieve success.
- Should demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Superior in negotiation skills in both external and internal settings
- Should be able to work in a dynamic environment, display multi-tasking and adhere to tight deadlines
- Should always be willing to take initiative and demonstrate personal ownership and work under pressure.
- Attention to detail is key for this role. Ability to shift focus between the big picture and details is important.
- Additionally, the ideal candidate has excellent written and verbal communication skills (good documentation goes a long way in remote organizations).
- Must have legal authorization to work in the country where hired.
- 60% travel is anticipated.
Must have legal authorization to work in India.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Interested candidates can send their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30th September 2021.
*Note*- While applying, please mention the position name and location in the subject line.