ABA ROLI Program Manager, Women and Girls Empowered (WAGE) Program
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
ABA ROLI Program Manager, Women and Girls Empowered (WAGE) Program
The ABA Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks a Program Manager for its Women and Girls Empowered (WAGE) Program. WAGE is a global consortium implementing programs to advance the status of women and girls. Led by ABA ROLI, in close partnership with the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE), Grameen Foundation, and Search for Common Ground (SFCG), WAGE works to strengthen the capacity of civil society and private sector organizations in target countries to improve the prevention of and response to gender-based violence (GBV); to advance the women, peace, and security (WPS) agenda; and to support women’s economic empowerment (WEE). WAGE provides direct assistance to women and girls, including information, resources, and services they need to succeed as active and equal participants in the global economy. WAGE also undertakes collaborative research and learning to build a body of evidence based on promising practices in these thematic areas. WAGE is implementing 10 initiatives across 15 countries including in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East. The WAGE Program Manager reports to the WAGE Program Director and will contribute to all aspects of the program including the development and review of documents, drafting and processing contracts, budget monitoring and financial compliance, managing partner, donor, technical advisor and consultant relations, maintaining DevResults and monitoring and evaluation plans and drafting communication materials. In addition to providing high-quality contributions including to decision making for the effective implementation of program activities, the Program Manager, who will be part of the Global Programs Division, is expected to support other ABA ROLI global programs as needed as well as contributing to the development of new programs and initiatives.
Principle Duties / Job Responsibilities Principle Duties and Job Responsibilities of the incumbent are as follows:
Program and financial management
· Support the WAGE Director in providing oversight to ensure that ABA ROLI and program teams meet obligations under initiative-specific awards.
· Work with the WAGE Director to review program management processes specific to the WAGE Consortium to improve implementation efficiency and effectiveness.
· Collaborate with the Senior Technical Advisor for Gender and Inclusion to roll out ABA ROLI’s Safeguarding Policy across all WAGE initiatives.
· In coordination with the Senior Technical Advisor for Gender and Inclusion, provide oversight to ensure that initiatives are reflecting gender action plan findings in their work and being responsive to issues of diversity and inclusion; monitor the implementation of the gender action and activity level safeguarding plans.
· Contribute to various aspects of the WAGE Learning Agenda including supporting the convening of WAGE’s Advisory Group Network; supporting WAGE program teams to implement the learning agenda; as well as drafting/reviewing learning products such as briefs, analysis, blog posts, and case studies among other learning products.
· Work with WAGE country program teams and the WAGE Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) point of contact to facilitate learning and adaptation across WAGE initiatives through the implementation of quarterly pause and reflect sessions.
· Coordinate revisions to MEL plans and provide guidance and required support to country program teams to adapt programming as needed based on key learnings.
· Review MEL data for specific WAGE initiatives on a quarterly basis; review reported program deliverables against approved workplan and MEL plans.
· Assist WAGE program teams to track program deliverables against approved workplan/MEL plan targets/ deliverables.
· Maintain positive relations and regular communications with WAGE Consortium core partners and country program teams including through bi-weekly or monthly programmatic check-ins.
· Work closely with ABA ROLI’s Regional Divisions in the management of ROLI led WAGE initiatives.
· Facilitate regional cross pollination through information sharing, dissemination of resources and by keeping the Senior Technical Advisor for Gender and Inclusion up to date on GBV prevention and response technical needs across WAGE initiatives.
· Lead/manage the drafting of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting.
· Contribute to and support the development of a range of programmatic documents including one pagers, blogs, MEL plans, work plans, safeguarding and gender action plans among others.
· Participate in donor relations as appropriate/needed.
Financial management and compliance
· Work with the WAGE Director to ensure the pace of implementation is aligned to preset burn rates and where adjustments need to be made collaborate with the WAGE Director to implement corrective actions.
· On a regular basis, together with the WAGE Director, meet with senior leadership to review financial performance across all WAGE initiatives.
· Meet on a regular basis with the WAGE Senior Program Officers and Program Associate to coordinate tasks and ensure each initiative has sufficient coverage during peak periods.
· Oversee the WAGE Senior Program Officers and Program Associate as they maintain financial monitoring tools including earmark trackers, pipeline spend plans, and the WAGE subrecipient monitoring tool.
· On a monthly basis, review pipelines and develop financial projections for specific WAGE initiatives and the WAGE core budget.
· Oversee procurement processes to ensure they are in line with ABA procurement rules.
· Process in-kind forms as needed, reconcile expenses, and review subaward financial reports, cash on hand requests, and other expense reports and ensure open communication with WAGE core partners and ABA ROLI’s finance; submit wire requests and field office expense reports for signature.
· Prepare core partner subgrants and amendments and contracts for services and manage processing of these submissions internally, including coordination with ROLI’s general counsel.
Business development and strategic communications
· Contribute and support business development including but not limited to technical proposal drafting, concept note development, and supporting partnership development.
· Serve as the primary point of contact for the WAGE Consortium’s strategic communications including leading/coordinating social media campaigns; preparing outreach materials; contributing to the development and launch of the WAGE bi-annual newsletter.
· Work with other WAGE team members and country level teams to ensure compliance with the branding requirements for all initiatives.
Team building, strategy, and senior duties
· Provides leadership, coaching, and development, to the WAGE Senior Program Officers and Program Associate as appropriate.
· Actively participate in ABA ROLI’s thematic working groups to advance implementation of ROLI’s strategic plan.
· Participate in senior leadership meetings substantively focused on rule of law.
· As appropriate, represent ABA ROLI at external events, working groups, community of practice and other in-person and/or online fora.
· Contribute to ABA ROLI’s learning events
Basic Qualifications & Interests
· Masters’ degree, or Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA- accredited law school or a doctoral degree in a relevant field of study and at least four (4) years’ of program management experience; or
· Bachelor’s degree in a ROLI relevant field of study and at least six (6) years’ of program management experience.
· Six (6) to eight years (8) of work experience working for an international organization in a program management capacity.
· Degree in international development, gender studies or a relevant social science discipline.
· Interest in and commitment to rule of law, democracy and governance, gender equality, social inclusion and the empowerment of women and girls.
· Previous experience working within or managing consortia.
· Experience managing global programs and/or regional expertise in Asia and Eastern Europe.
· Experience maintaining effective communication and coordination across a range of countries with diverse program activities and implementation timelines.
· Awareness of USG policies and strategies focused on gender and justice sector reform issues.
· Experience tracking complex budgets with varying earmarks, developing, and monitoring projections with implementing partners, monitoring drawdowns in line with pipeline trackers, obtaining USG approvals, and following USG reporting and financial compliance requirements.
· Experience supporting monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plans including tracking progress towards indicators and intermediary results.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
· Strong research, writing, analytical, knowledge management, and communication skills.
· Effective time management and a strong ability to multi-task, adapt and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills and familiarity with social media.
· Ability and willingness to be an effective team player.
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
Please apply with the following link: https://us60.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/aba/Posting/View/1791