Finance and Admin Officer Iraq Baghdad
A job description is a written statement that describes the employee’s role and responsibilities. The role and responsibilities shall be executed within the NRC framework. The job description facilitates the recruitment process by stating the necessary competencies. It is mandatory for all positions.
Position: Finance/Admin Officer
Reports to: Support Coordinator
Supervision of: NA
Duty station: Baghdad
Project number: IQFM2135
Duration and type of contract: 25 months
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of a Finance/Admin Officer is to implement delegated area of responsibility.
The following is a brief description of the role.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Support and Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Support the adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Support the supervisor for the Management of Area offices financial team
- Provide regular analysis and reports for the projects
- Support the management to Implement anti-corruption policy
- Supervise, train and develop financial & non-financial staff in area office
- Support project staff in financial matters (budget, revision..)
- Performs any other duty given by his/her supervisor
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Lead Cash and Bank management of the area office, including the cash forecasting.
- Management of the bank account of Area office. And making the forecast for the projected data.
- Make sure that financial internal controls are in place while the banking and cash system is working.
- Post the entries on daily basis to Agresso. Make sure that Data has proper correct codes and as per the project documents.
- Prepare the regular Agresso Bank reconciliations for all the balance sheet items.
- Ensure proper close of the projects and year end closure.
- Enter the Agresso rebooking, and keeping proper record of it.
- Devise a system so that all the vouchers are safely preserved.
- Train the staff on the Agresso and excel tools.
- Verify the purchase requests and payment requests
- Download the BvA monthly basis and share with the relevant staff
- Prepare the Project BVAs and do any rebooking, with the supporting documents
- Support drafting of new budgets. Check the Agresso for any reclassification.
- Develop, Implement and maintain effective office administrative systems and procedures whilst ensuring that controls are monitored and reinforced.
- Responsible for applications and renewals of licenses with the relevant government authorities.
- Process leases for the office and guest houses and follow up on renewal and termination of the leases.
- Ensure office supplies and stationary are bought and keep a record for their inventory.
- Ensure all payments of utility bills for office and guest houses; water, electricity and security are processed on time.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
• CC project staff
• Finance and Admin team in Country Office
Scale and scope of position
Numbers and titles of staff directly managed by the post holder, and numbers of staff and daily workers/incentive staff responsible for overall in the unit: none
Key external stakeholders the post has relationships with: Bank, Tax and social departments, Tax Accountants, Auditors
List of budgets covered by potholder, and size of budget: NA
Brief description of the information resources the postholder is responsible for: GORS, Agresso, Office365, Unit4
Legal or compliance:
Brief description of any legal or compliance responsibility the post holder has: employment and Tax laws, NRC financial handbook, Donor regulations compliance
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working as a Finance Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context will be preferred.
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about keeping the bank accounts and record keeping
• Reasonable knowledge in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Knowledge of the context in Basra
• Knowledge of the local language (Arabic)
• Experience with start-up, exit or similar
2. Behavioral competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
• The Job Description
• The Work and Development Plan
• The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
• The End-term Performance Review Template
• The NRC Competency Framework
- health insurance provided
- Salary G5/S1 based on NRC scale, terms and conditions
- female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
for more information read the Job Description