Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development. UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information – Philippines Established in 2016, UNOPS Philippines provides expert support to ensure sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure activities in projects. With funds from the European Union (EU), UNOPS supports the Supreme Court, the Department of Justice, and the Department of the Interior and Local Government under the Governance in Justice (GOJUST) Programme (GOJUST2) through procurement, logistics, and grants management to push forward the justice reform agenda of the Philippine government through innovations and interventions; as well as providing grants to civil society organisations to improve access to justice of marginalised groups. In the Support to the Bangsamoro Transition (SUBATRA) Programme, UNOPS is working with the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) Government strengthening capacities of the executive, legislative and judicial branches to ensure a smooth transition, also with funds from the EU.
In the health sector, UNOPS works with the Korean International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) for the construction of health facilities in Eastern Samar, and with the DOH / ADB in the HEAL project (Health System Enhancement to Address and Limit COVID-19).
The UNOPS Philippines Office is part of the UNOPS Cambodia Multi-Country Officer (KHMCO), which provides oversight, support and services to UNOPS operations in the country offices.
UNOPS Philippines is in the process of expanding its area of engagement in cooperation with its development partners, focusing mainly on a portfolio of projects and programs in the infrastructure, logistics management, procurement in health, rule of law, and governance sectors and subsequently is looking for qualified and committed experts.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment In close cooperation with TAT members the ICT Specialist will be responsible for performing assessments of the current situation with the government, Parliament and Judiciary, provide corresponding recommendations and - in coordination with TAT - develop the technical specifications for ICT equipment/infrastructure/software - according to the identified needs and as agreed with the stakeholders.
In particular, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Comprehensive ICT assessment covering infrastructure, hardware and software already in place and budgeted (if any) for each of the institutional stakeholder. The assessment should depict clearly current state of affairs in the IT domain;
- ICT gap analysis for each institutional stakeholder with recommended road-map to filling the identified gaps;
- Identify the needs for data collection and analysis for each of institutional stakeholders;
- Assessment of the levels of IT literacy of the employees from all institutional stakeholders identifying training needs from ICT domain;
ICT Terms of References and Specifications
- Prepare of the technical specifications for the procurement and delivery of ICT equipment, infrastructures and software approved for procurement for each institutional stakeholder;
- Prepare TORs for identified services that strengthen capacities of stakeholder institutions to manage ICT tools and solutions;
- Technical support for the procurement processes related to ICT domain;
- Recommendation on the IT training scope specific for institutional stakeholders;
- Develop of training programmes and curricula;
- Supervise the delivery of IT trainings;
- Identify and develop measures and interventions that would contribute to enhancement of ICT systems and capacities of the government, Parliament and Judiciary;
- Advise counterparts on the development, operation and maintenance of ICT solutions delivered under this project;
- Analyse business processes within the institutional stakeholders and advice on the appropriate IT tools for their optimisation;
- Provide advice and expertise to the TAT and stakeholders on ICT technical matters under the project;
- Establish and maintain professional relations with relevant international stakeholders that work on the similar ICT issues in the areas related to the project;
- Contribute to development of project plans and outputs related to ICT domain;
- Contribute to development of relevant ICT standards and strategies;
- Identify lessons learned and provide corresponding recommendations;
Quality Assurance and Risk Management
- Identify quality requirements and criteria that should be met by ICT products delivered through the Project, in line with the good European and International practices;
- Conduct peer reviews and other quality checks in order to ensure that the ICT infrastructure, equipment and solutions delivered by service providers meet set requirements;
- Monitor the installation, operation and maintenance of IT infrastructure and equipment delivered to beneficiaries, as per agreement with the TAT and beneficiaries;
- Advise the TAT and stakeholders on potential risks, issues, and impact arising from the delivery of the ICT infrastructure, tools and solutions, providing highly technical/ inputs when required;
- Provide strategic advice and technical assistance with the design and implementation of methods, procedures and metrics required to ensure that quality standards and practices are attained.
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- A Master's degree in information sciences, computer sciences, or a related field is required.
- A Bachelor's degree with two additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the master’s degree.
- In the light of the interdisciplinary character of the assignment, the additional university degree (BA or higher) in management or administration would be an advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ professional experience (or more depending on academic credentials) in the field of IT;
- Previous experience (assignments preferably in international environment) in developing technical specifications/terms of reference from the ICT domain is an asset;
- Previous experience in IT systems design/development in the public sector is an asset;
- Previous experience in performing needs assessments/gap analyses is an asset;
- Previous experience in development and delivery of ICT training programmes is an asset;
- Previous experience in defining requirements for data collections and data sets is an asset;
- Previous experience in business process analysis and process mapping is an asset;
- Previous experience working in rule of law projects is an advantage;
- Previous experience in the Philippines is an advantage.
Contract type, level and duration
- Contract type: International Individual Contract Agreement (IICA)
- Contract level: ICS10 equivalent to IICA 2 International ICA and Local ICA 10.
- Contract duration: Open-ended
- Duty station: Cotabato, Philippines. Cotabato is a non-family duty station (Security Leave 4).
Depending on the business needs, this position could be International ICA, located in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Vietnam, Philippine, or a home-based Local ICA. If a local position is defined, the salary will be established according to the local scale.For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.