Finance and Administration Manager, Armenia
The Finance and Administration Manager coordinates the implementation of the finance policies, procedures, and guidelines for the Country Office (CO) to provide optimum efficient and effective support to IDLO’s programming. The Finance and Administration Manager reports to the Country Manager with a dotted line to the Rome-based Program Accountant for that region. The incumbent will work in close coordination with the Yerevan, Armenia-based program team, and with the Program team and Finance unit at IDLO Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
Summary of functions:
- Effective and accurate financial resources management and oversight;
- Financial reporting on all activities including projects.
- Implementation of program financial management and operational procedures;
- Budget management for projects and office running costs. Including, preparation, monitoring, and control;
- Ensure proper monitoring and compliance of sub-recipients and other implementing partners.
Key results expected:
- Lead in the monthly financial close of the Country Office (CO) and the production of monthly financial statements, supporting schedules, and reconciliations.
- Prepare relevant financial management reports of the country office, ensuring accuracy and timeliness, taking necessary corrective measures where applicable.
- Performing CO balance sheet account reconciliations on a timely basis and ensuring that differences or discrepancies are addressed in a timely manner.
2. Accounts Payables:
- Process all expenses generated at the CO level ensuring they comply with IDLO policies and procedures, accrual accounting, and donor rules and regulations.
- Closely review procurement documents to ensure they comply with IDLO policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations, including but not limited to, ensuring that costs are program-related, supporting documentation is complete, the accuracy of amounts, and proof of receipt of services or goods prior to payment.
3. Cash and bank management:
- Review and consolidate monthly cash forecasts for the country office ensuring funds are fully reconciled before submitting to HQ for processing. This will include working with program staff to develop accurate cash forecasts.
- Ensure adequate controls around the management and use of cash, including appropriate cash counts and reconciliations on a periodic basis.
- Manage the risk associated with foreign exchange movements ensuring that measures are taken to reduce the CO exposure to forex movements.
4. Grants and budget management:
- Ensure costs are allocated in accordance with the approved program budgets and IDLO chart of accounts.
- Coordinate with program staff to prepare budgets to support new proposals or realignments and ensure full cost recovery is adopted as applicable.
5. Filing financial documents:
- Ensure all original documents are properly coded and filed for ease of future reference prior to shipment to HQ.
- Ensure that all electronic copies of all documents shipped to Rome are maintained at the country office, filed electronically, and in sequence.
- Provide logistical support to Programs’ activities; including, coordinating the smooth implementation of and adherence to logistic and security procedures.
- Keep track of contractual agreements and assist users with contractual rights and obligations.
- Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, sub-grantees, and institutions on operational matters concerning the Program.
- Support in Human Resources management including leave management and payroll.
7. Audit and compliance
- Be the lead contact at the CO on audit-related exercises.
- Support the CO whenever audit requests are submitted, ensuring that the auditors are provided with the necessary supporting documents in a timely manner.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and work experience
- University degree in a relevant field e.g. Accounting or Finance
- Relevant professional accountancy qualification and member of ICPAK
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in financial analysis, reporting, accounting, preferably in an international working environment
- At least 3 years supervisory experience
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in Armenian is required.
- Fluency in Russian would be an advantage
Specific knowledge, skills, and competencies
- Demonstrated working knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Demonstrated work experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, preferably with MS NAVISION
- Knowledge of and experience with spreadsheets (advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must), database, and word processing software
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
In addition, IDLO shall offer a yearly basic salary of USD 33,588 medical insurance and leave entitlements including in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station, or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting them to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international employees.
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature; or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and in compliance with IDLO’s policy on personal data protection.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline: 21 September 2021 (23:59hrs Rome Time).