UNV Education Cluster Coordinator
Goma (Congo Democratic)
Under the direct supervision of the Education Specialist (P3) based in the UNICEF Goma Office, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Supporting service delivery
- Provide a platform to ensure that service delivery is driven by the agreed strategic priorities.
- Develop mechanisms to eliminate duplication of service delivery.
- Informing strategic decision-making of the HC/HCT for the humanitarian response
- Conduct needs assessment and gap analysis (across other sectors and within the education sector).
- Carry out analysis to identify and address (emerging) gaps, obstacles, duplication, and cross-cutting issues.
- Ensure prioritization, grounded in response analysis.
- Planning and strategy development
- Contribute to the design of education action plan where applicable, monitor the implementation objectives and indicators directly support realization of the HC/HCT strategic priorities.
- Strongly ensure application and adherence to existing standards and guidelines.
- Clarify funding requirements, prioritization, and Cluster contributions to HC’s overall humanitarian funding considerations.
- Identify advocacy concerns to contribute to HC and HCT messaging and action.
- Undertake advocacy activities on behalf of Cluster participants and the affected population.
- Coordinate advocacy for resource mobilization to support the implementation of Cluster’s Education in Emergency (EiE) strategy and the operationalization of the action plans.
- Monitoring and reporting
Conduct monitoring and reporting the implementation of the Cluster strategy and results as well as recommending corrective action where necessary.
- Preparedness and response
Support contingency planning/preparedness for recurrent disasters whenever feasible and relevant.
Ensure accountability to affected education population.Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level Bachelor degree or equivalent Educational additional comments
University degree in a subject area relevant to the Cluster work: education, social sciences, development, psychology, political science, international relations.Required experience 24 Months Experience remark
At least 2 years progressively responsible humanitarian work experience with UN and/or NGO, including programme management and/or coordination in the first phase of a major emergency response relevant to the Cluster.
Extensive work experience outside the humanitarian sector which is relevant to this post may be considered as a replacement for humanitarian experienceLanguage skills
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
International relations.Driving license Application procedure * Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Application deadline: 20-09-2021