Finance & Admin Analyst
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of operational and financial management strategies
- Budget management and organization of the cost-recovery system
- Control of CO accounts
- Control of CO cash management
- Provision of effective and efficient administrative support services including common services
- Provide guidance and support to the Programme Clusters on Accounting, Administrative and Financial Matters
- Ensures knowledge building, capacity development and knowledge facilitation
- Full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system.
- CO Finance business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operations Procedures in Finance, control of the workflows in the Finance Unit.
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for development and management projects.
- Elaboration of the framework and conditions of contributions within the CO resources mobilization efforts.
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
- Routinely monitors financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies or unusual transactions.
- Financial resources management through planning, guiding, controlling of the resources in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets of management projects.
- Elaboration of proper mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in budget management.
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the services provided by UNDP
- Prepare annual budgets and cost recovery systems for agreed common services for Operation Management Team (OMT)’s approval;
- Proper management of the contributions to the common services budget and ensuring that the contributions are received in a timely manner and properly tracked and accounted for, with proper documentation.
- Monitor and prepare regular management reports of expenditures of common services for review by OMT
- Elaboration of the internal expenditures' control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; payrolls are duly prepared; MPOs, travel claims, and other entitlements are duly processed, receipting of goods and services and establishment t of accruals are properly done in compliance with IPSAS and UNDP policies and procedures.
- Manager level 1 in Atlas.
- Control of accounts closure.
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers. Timely response to HQ requests to resolve financial data issues.
- Timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements. Timely identification and recording of receipts for income application.
- Monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions and investigation of anomalies or unusual transactions. Provision of information to supervisors and other UNDP staff at HQ on the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
- Daily review of zero-balance account bank statements in Atlas to monitor imprest level; identification and record of contributions.
- Primary contact with local bank management on routine operational matters including negotiation of exchange rate on replenishments.
- Member of bank signatory panel.
- Approval and submission of monthly UN exchange rate reports to Treasury.
- Timely and accurate approval of bank reconciliation, including documented review of exceptions.
- Initiation of bank transfers and deals, selecting bank transfers and deals for approval and settlement.
- Support GSSU in performing Pay cycle management in Atlas for Bangladesh CO.
- Timely preparation of monthly cashflow forecast for use by Operations Manager. Liaison with UN Agencies to obtain estimate of their cash requirements.
- Overall oversight of the functions in the fields of general administration and logistic, specially focused on financial management.
- Proper Implementation of the control mechanism for administrative services, maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
- Proper management of Common services Assets, CO Assets and supplies
- Effective oversight of Common services management and space management.
6. Provide guidance and support to the Programme Clusters on Accounting, Administrative and Financial Matters:
- Attend planning and periodic review meetings of projects and provide advice on financial and administrative issues
- Provide necessary support/advise to resolve any financial issues faced by the projects
- Provide support/advise to projects on implementation of audit recommendations.
- Providing training to UNDP staff on the application of ATLAS, such as ATLAS PM module, STREAM, Executive Snapshot, Portfolio Dashboards, etc.
- Provide on-the-job demand-based capacity development support to CO staff in financial management as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced (Masters) University Degree in Finance or Accounting, or a professional accounting qualification from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy is required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field will require UNDP Advanced Accountancy and Finance Test (AAFT).
- Two years of relevant experience in providing administrative, financial management and accounting advisory services, managing staff and operational systems.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Experience of IPSAS and/or IFRS.
- Fluency in English language and national language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, ethnicity and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and people living with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.