Regional HR Adviser-Middle East Region
Regional Office Background:
NRC in the Middle East is responding to the Syria and Iraq crisis, assisting refugees in Jordan, Libya, Lebanon and Iraq as well as the displaced. NRC also works in Palestine and with Palestinian refugees in Lebanon. NRC works in shelter, emergency distributions, education, water and sanitation and legal assistance. Our response on the ground has grown rapidly with the dramatic rise in displacement and we now have over 3,000 staff members working on the NRC regional response.
Our Ideal Candidate:
NRC is actively seeking an experienced HR professional to join the regional team based in Amman, Jordan.
For this key role our ideal candidate will be a University graduate with a degree in HR, International Relations or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a similar role or a senior HR role within the humanitarian field.
We are particularly looking for a professional with solid experience using performance management tools, who has experience working in complex and volatile contexts and is committed to providing our country offices with consistent and comprehensive HR support.
They are an individual with exceptional people skills and an ability to partner with clients in a supportive and customer-oriented manner. They also have the capacity and experience to support our staff through training and coaching. Experience designing and implementing training programmes and facilitating change management are an added value.
Role and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Regional HR Adviser is to support the country offices (COs) in implementation of global HR systems and initiatives in accordance with NRC policies and procedures and to support building sustainable capacity in HR structures and systems in Country Programmes.
Position responsibilities include:
- Support and monitor compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures, HR handbooks and respective quality assurances
- Provide control checks to the Cos through travel visits to the country offices
- Provide strategic advice and technical support to the Country Offices in the region on HR.
- Contribute to the development of policies, strategies, tools and new approaches, with a focus on innovation and piloting
- Ensure that best practices are identified, documented and disseminated both within the region and beyond
- Participate in strategy processes and advise on HR initiatives related to the regional strategy and Country programme specific strategies
- Participate in strategy process for HR Global and take part reference groups for new HR initiatives or thematic issues established by HR Global
- Provide training and capacity development across Country Offices in the region and the Regional Office
- Provide regular HR analysis and reports
- Work collaboratively with the Global Recruitment Centre on recruitment and onboarding processes of international staff and senior national staff according to NRC’s procedures and standards.
More specifically, the Regional HR Adviser will focus on:
- Management of a regional portfolio team to ensure effective and efficient recruitment and on boarding
- Contribute to fit for purpose HR initiatives ensuring cost efficiency, innovation and a focus on building HR at country level
- Coach, advice and support CO HR focal points on global HR initiatives including Talent Management, Compensation and Benefits, Organisational Design and Staff Care
- Contribute to Talent Management initiatives in portfolio and regional collaboration to increase Learning and Development capacity, workforce and succession planning
- Develop and contribute to the implementation of an action plan with the objective to increase nationalisation of management positions (Coordinator level and above) in the region.
- Share best practises on operative HR issues with other HR advisers in NRC, through regular fora for cooperation (operative issues)
We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline. For full position details, please view the job description here.
Duty Station: Amman, Jordan
Reports to: Regional Head of HR
Contract Duration: 2 years
Travel: Up to 40% within the region