Beirut - Administration Officer (Facility Management) SC 8
- This position is open to qualified Lebanese candidates only.
- Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This Vacancy Announcement will close on 22 September 2021 at 11:59 PM Rome Time.
The Administration Officer (Facility Management) will be contracted for an initial term of 12 months. Contract may be extended based on business need and satisfactory performance.
Assisting more than 90 million people in 83 countries each year, the World Food Program (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
As the international community has committed to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by 2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty.
In Lebanon, WFP Lebanon provides humanitarian assistance to 1.4 million vulnerable people a month, in the form of unrestricted assistance in-kind and cash-based transfers. WFP supports as well Lebanese schools with school meals and also supports vulnerable households in protecting and improving their livelihoods through trainings and rehabilitation of local infrastructures. WFP also supports Lebanon’s National Poverty Targeting Programme, and Lebanon’s Emergency Crisis and COVID-19 Response Social Safety Net Project (ESSN)
To know more about WFP’s mission, please check the below video:
Oversee the Management of WFP Facilities Countrywide while Implementing Global Greening Emissions Standards and Promoting Staff Wellness
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Head of Administration or his/her designate, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Contribute to a WFP country plan, including administrative processes, aligned with country and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services.
• Support the development of annual plans and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to support WFP strategic objectives.
• Collate data and prepare data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
• Support management of existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and assist in identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
• Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy.
• Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
• Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
• Maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.-
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP and identify creative solutions allowing WFP’s business continuity and emergency response
• Analysis the reports on energy consumption generated on monthly, quarterly, and annually
• Assist CO-Admin colleagues for issuance and update guidelines and country-specific SoPs by the instructions outlined in the Facilities Management Manuals
• Regularly review and define all invoices relevant to management of WFP Facilities, maintenance, cleaning, conference services, etc..
• Oversee the establishment and relocation of WFP facilities in Country Office and Field Locations
• Undertake regular field visits for greening, wellness and reporting support
• Review recorded expenses and revenue and perform monthly reconciliation.
• Prepare upgrade plans for each relevant WFP facilities to meet quality standards
• Identify Collaboration opportunities with other UN agencies and establishment of Common UN Premises
• Maintain updated records on Facilities Management software such as ARCHIBUS and WINGS
• Manage in-house conference services, including catering and cleaning staff
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Education: Advanced University degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration or Bachelor’s degree with additional years of experience
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience with at least three (3) years of professional post-graduate experience in the field of Administration or Office Management
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English. Fluency in French is an advantage.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service