Geospatial Information Assistant
Under the direct supervision of the Geospatial Information Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Design, produce and update thematic and operational maps for Mission clients.
- Process and maintain geographic data and metadata for the Mission’s geodatabases and map products.
- Assist in data validation and quality control of GIS products.
- Assist in gathering requirements and project specifications.
- Assist in printing and dissemination of maps as required.
- Conduct GPS field survey.
- Conduct advanced geoprocessing, including spatial and image analysis
- Assist in providing training (GPS, QGIS, Google Earth, Drone) to Military, Police and Civilian components.
- Travel to other field stations/locations as and when required.
- Assist in operating mini-UAS (drones) for data collection, compilation and ingestion to improve mapping products.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
University degree (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in Geography, Cartography, Remote Sensing, Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), or related fields.Required experience 60 Months Experience remark
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in the field of geospatial information (e.g. geospatial information applications, geospatial database management, geospatial/terrain analysis, cartography and mapping, image processing, GPS and surveying) or related fields is required.Language skills
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Ability to work with Esri products: ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online
- Knowledge of geographic information principles and data analysis tools
- Good knowledge of cartographic principles and application
- Familiarity with photogrammetry and image analysis software
- Experience with satellite imagery interpretation/manipulation and some knowledge of imagery analysis
- Good understanding of GPS applications and data development
- Strong computer literacy with word processing, email, spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to work as a team member is as critical as acting independently
- Demonstrate willingness to succeed in an independent management setting and take upon self-created initiatives in building job performance
- knowledge of French is desirable