brasília – df
The United Nations Environment Programme is the United Nations system's designated entity for addressing environmental issues at the global and regional level. Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action. A proper communication and dissemination of UNEP’s messages, programmes, initiatives and reports are a key step to achieve the organization purposes. This position is located in the United Nations Environmental Programme, Division of Communications and Public Information (ROLAC) at the Brasilia Duty Station.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct guidance of the Representative, and with recommendations from the Communication and Technical Divisions senior staff at Headquarters, the Campaigner Analyst should coordinate UNEP’s Campaigns, such as the Clean Seas campaign, aiming to maximize the reach, engagement and ultimately the impact of the campaigns in the country.
The objective of this position is to develop and implement an Advocacy and Mobilization Strategy in Brazil for UNEP’s global campaigns as well as develop local mobilizations related to them. In close collaboration with the UNEP’s Division of Communications and the related technical Divisions at Nairobi Headquarters bi, and the Regional Office’s related team in Panamá, the individual will carry out the following tasks:
Implementation of campaign strategy:
- Prepare briefs and other necessary documents to support the positioning of the Brazil Office on issues addressed in the organization's campaigns;
- To play a coordination role in rolling out the campaign’s strategies, working closely with colleagues in the Brazil Office Programme team, the Communication Division’s production teams (multimedia, writing, design) and delivery units, (digital and social media, news media, traditional media, etc as well as the related technical Divisions;
- Mainstream the reach, engagement and impact of the campaigns;
- Oversee and guide implementation of the campaigns, ensuring key deliverables are met and proactive and reactive opportunities are being maximized. Prepare and oversee the campaign budget and liaise with administrative and support staff to ensure its delivery. Convene regular campaign meetings.
- Consult with staff and management across UNEP and external partners to better understand the needs, capacities and perceptions that are critical to an advocacy and mobilization strategy;
- Identify the key audiences for the advocacy and mobilization strategy, including developing the work at State and municipal levels;
- Develop a corporate advocacy and mobilization strategy, outlining clear goals and objectives, as well as different audiences, tactics, key activities, deliverables and an implementation plan;
- Develop a plan for the existing Campaign Advocates, keep them engaged and explore further ones, according to the Country Office Representative demands.
Partnership and Events:
- Maximize existing partnerships and secure new ones that would amplify the campaigns agendas.
- Lead resource mobilization efforts for the campaigns.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Learning: Measure & Evaluate with learning and real-time insight on performance.
- Prepare financial reports and progress reports
Other tasks as assigned by the Representative of the Country Office:
- Be flexible and able to deliver on other unexpected tasks as per the requirements of the division or assignment by the Chief of section.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards; Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN Environment; Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability; Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office, Internet, email) are required.
- Knowledge of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to high-quality communication and advocacy campaigns; Ability to understand major media and public outreach campaigns and provide creative input in order to deliver UNEP’s messages most efficiently; Shows pride in work and in achievements; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; Remains calm in stressful situations; Establish effective collaboration and partnerships with officials at all levels inside and outside the organization.
Planning and Organizing:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and assignments; Adjusts priorities as required; Allocate appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; Uses time efficiently.
- Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; Offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; Promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; Is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
Required Skills and Experience
Mandatory Academic Background:
- Advanced university degree in the field of human rights, journalism, marketing, communication, social sciences or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with 4 (four) additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
Mandatory Work Experience:
- At least 4 years of related work experience.
Desirable Work Experience
- Prior experience at the international level;
- Prior experience with the plastics and waste agenda.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English is required;
- Knowledge of additional UN languages would be an asset.
- Good drafting/ writing skills, good oral communication skills required.
Observe que a pessoa selecionada para esta posição receberá uma oferta de contrato com o PNUD de acordo com sua modalidade National Personnel Services Agreement (N-PSA); a modalidade de Service Contract do PNUD será extinta no próximo ano. Mais informações sobre o N-PSA estão disponíveis aqui.
** PARA VALIDAR SUA CANDIDATURA PREENCHA O FORMULÁRIO P11 (O DOCUMENTO PODE SER APRESENTADO EM PORTUGUÊS), E ENVIE ATRAVÉS DO ÍCONE "UPLOAD CV". ***
A estação de trabalho pode ser alterada dependento das condições da pandemia no Brasil naquele momento.Podem se candidatar ao processo pessoas de nacionalidade brasileira ou outros legalmente autorizados a trabalhar no Brasil.
Para este cargo, o candidato deve ter inscrição no Instituto Nacional de Seguro Social (INSS).
Candidaturas:Para terem candidaturas válidas a este processo, os candidatos deverão submeter o formulário P11 do PNUD devidamente preenchido;Apenas as candidaturas cadastradas no site do PNUD (www.pnud.org.br), no link “Oportunidades” - “APPLY NOW”, tendo o formulário P11 do PNUD devidamente preenchido e enviado dentro do prazo, serão examinadas.Não serão emitidos recibos individuais de confirmação da candidatura devido ao volume de candidaturas.O PNUD está empenhado em garantir a diversidade da força de trabalho em termos de nacionalidade, gênero, raça e cultura. Os indivíduos pertencentes a grupos indígenas e pessoas com deficiência são igualmente incentivados a se candidatar. Todas as candidaturas serão tratadas com sigilo.Devido ao grande volume de candidaturas recebidas, apenas os candidatos pré-selecionados serão contatados.