Call Center AFM Service Quality - Rwanda
CC AFM - Service Quality
Start Date: As soon as possible
Background: GiveDirectly (GD) aims to reshape international giving - and millions of lives - by allowing donors to provide capital grants directly to the world’s poorest. The Brookings Institution estimates that $70B of cash transfers would be required to eliminate the poverty gap; the aid sector currently spends $135B each year, much of which is allocated to evidence-free interventions. GiveDirectly wants to change that, establishing a benchmark, and in the process accelerate the end of extreme poverty. GiveDirectly has raised over $700M in revenue (>$300M in 2020 alone), while being recognized as one of the most innovative non-profit companies by Fast Company. GiveDirectly’s role in the growing movement toward cash transfers has been featured in This American Life, Foreign Affairs, The Economist, and Business Insider.
Cash transfers are at an important inflection point: COVID-19 has amplified the challenges of bulkier in-kind aid models, and governments are deploying cash as their most common tool of assistance to vulnerable populations. GiveDirectly has an opportunity to leverage its strong track record (which includes operations across 9 countries, >$400M transferred to over 1M individuals, and 15 randomized control trials completed or ongoing), to both deliver immense impact and position itself as the premiere cash implementation vehicle in the world.
We’re looking for exceptional talent to grow our collaborative, global team. Joining GiveDirectly means the opportunity to work alongside individuals from 21 countries who speak 69 different languages. Across our global offices, our culture is candid, analytical, non-hierarchical, and fast-paced. We value ability, adaptability, and a willingness to learn. We’re actively working towards an equitable and inclusive environment for all team members, and seek candidates who will bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our organization. We recruit from organizations across all industries: our team has backgrounds in start-ups, government, consultancies, investment banks, nonprofits, and more.
- Listen to agent recorded calls every week as agreed with the supervisor.
- Monitor and ensure quality control while the staff conduct surveys.
- Track and rate Field Officer productivity & quality of service across all projects and activities, including a review of operational reports and metrics;
- Conduct in-person field checks for field officers to confirm compliance with quality standards and suggest improvements where necessary.
- Discuss team and individual quality delivery weekly with Field Officers, Field Managers, and Assistant Field Managers;
- Support, track and document course correction if service quality is slipping or can be improved.
- Provide a written report to the Call Center Manager for purposes of improving GD Call Center and Field processes.
- Suggest and provide coaching to Field Officers’ to correct any issues observed when needed.
- Design and implement performance improvement plans e.g. group listen-ins, role play, etc.
- Vet new versions of surveys, including impact on staff productivity and service quality, and recommend survey improvements as necessary (e.g. potential process, risk mitigation, or data management gaps).
- Raise ideas for continuous improvement to the recipient experience and project performance; execute process improvements.
Key competencies and attributes:
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information
- Good interpersonal; communication skills and coaching skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail, good numerical skills
- Ability to work in a strict deadline-driven environment
- Maintains healthy team dynamics through well-developed conflict management skills
- Recognizes and acknowledges team and individual performance
- Strong interest in being the engine of the day-to-day call center team and work
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Previous experience in a management position is desirable.
- Exceptional leadership ability with demonstrated success in motivating and developing junior staff
- Fluent in the English, Kinyarwanda
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint
- Good understanding of the Performance Management Program
- Excellent Coaching Skills
- Alignment with GiveDirectly core values and commitment to advancing GD’s mission
- Recipients first - We prioritize recipient preferences over those of donors or ourselves.
- Team next - We do what’s best for organizational - not individual - success.
- Be proactively candid - We say what we believe, and are honest in sharing information.
- Create positive energy - We strive to be a source - not drain - of energy for our colleagues.
- Think rigorously; act quickly - We are intellectually rigorous with a drive towards action - not debate.
- Accept reality. Propose solutions - We do not dwell on problems. We work actively to create solutions.
- Be productively ambitious - We take the risks to pursue industry-changing success, not incremental progress.
- Know yourself and grow - We recognize and accept our imperfections with a focus on growth.
**GD is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. GD is committed to a policy of “zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH)” and expects anyone who works for GD to uphold the protection and safeguarding of our recipients as a priority.**
The deadline for applications is 17th September 2021.