The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
The IRC is seeking a multifaceted Finance Officer to assist the Finance team in handling all aspects of day to day financial duties stated here. The position is based in Aden office.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Finance controller, the Finance Officer handles month end closing reporting.
·Regular and open communication with IRC staff from all departments and field offices.
Cash and Bank payment processing.
- Reviews payment requests to verify that all the necessary supporting documents have been committed and that the payments are for eligible expenditures as per the grant agreement.
- Check and review cash and bank books of the office and field offices (Account codes, descriptions, grants, etc) this involves validating them in Q&A SUN and posting them in SUN.
- Responsible for all month end report processing in Q&A and later posted to SUN.
- Reconciling cash/bank books with bank statements.
- Posting cash books and other journals in SUN (For end of month)
- Preparing correction journals to be approved and reviewed while posting end of the month reports.
- Review monthly payroll and do allocation per each staff to the correct grant T codes.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation before submission to finance management and final approval.
- Ensure that all financial transactions (soft and hard copies) all filed properly on daily basis and easily accessible.
- Participate in Bid Analysis, Tender Committee as assigned and delegated by senior Finance officer.
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Sub-award Partner Management System
- With support of Deputy finance controller participate in the Pre-Award Assessment and analysis Finance tools with the committee and provide feedback with support documents to the management.
- Follow-up partner Payments and financial reporting according to the contract terms and conditions by comparing with SUN
- Review all the financial reports of the partner and perform financial monitoring and compliance reporting visits by checking all the documents with the partner
- Review financial reports and transactions provided by the partner on a timely basis, and provide feedback to partners as required.
- With assistant of finance management develop and perform capacity building plan for local partners.
- In collaboration with Partnership grants team ensure all partners tools are in place and filed
- Assist finance team in responding to internal and external Audits requirements.
In liaison with Logistics department, assist in preparation of commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not collected in financial reports.
Coordinate with Supply Chain Department on assets inventory verification process.