Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Tashkent
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 5
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 12-OCT-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, ProfessionalismOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
With the assistance of UNESCO and the European Union, the Government of Uzbekistan will be implementing the project “Skills Development for the Employability in Rural Areas of Uzbekistan”, recognizing the agriculture skills development as a driver of social and economic development. The overall objective of this project is to enhance living standards in rural areas through better employability for women and men, and the specific objective is to prepare women and men with relevant skills for the needs of a sustainable, diversified and modernized agriculture. The activities of the project will contribute to the following results: (i) to modernize and strengthen governance of skills development in the agriculture and irrigation sectors in line with the labour market demands; (ii) to modernize qualifications and methodologies of skills development to serve the needs of the labour market, learners and workers in the agriculture and irrigation; and (iii) to modernize agriculture and irrigation colleges in rural areas with competent management and teaching staff using modern technologies and teaching and learning methods.
In particular, project will target development of relevant skills of women and men for sustainable, diversified and modernised agriculture in Uzbekistan. In addition, it will also contribute to improving the quality, relevance, efficiency and effectiveness of the skills development system in the agriculture and irrigation sectors, initiated by the Government of Uzbekistan, with a particular focus on the rural regions selected by the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Water Resources (Karakalpakstan, Khorazm, Bukhara, Surkhondaryo). It will help the Government to develop, to test and to pilot new initiatives and approaches in the agriculture and irrigation sectors with a view to scaling up transversal methods, high technology agriculture and food processing, and innovative approaches throughout the country.Detailed tasks decription
Under the overall authority of the Head of the UNESCO Tashkent Office and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Officer, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer shall contribute technically to the implementation of the project. The M&E Officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Senior Project Officer in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. This includes the following functions, but not limited to:
- provide quality and timely report on the activities related to project outputs in line with UNESCO decentralized RBM and Evaluation quality standards, administrative rules and the project's own results matrix;
- to design a detailed project log-frame monitoring reflecting the project work plan, and ensuring regular monitoring of the project implementation including budget control, reporting on ongoing activities throughout the duration of the project, and dedicated project reviews at mid-term and at project closure;
- in consultation with the Senior Project Officer, to conduct a capacity needs assessment of the beneficiaries, and design project capacity improvement plan as needed;
- to report on the progress achieved and suggest updates to the project’s approach and results framework;
- to lead planning and implementation of the M&E activities of the project;
- to prepare quarterly and annual programmatic progress updates on the project risks/issues;
- to conduct the Capacity Needs Assessment and to provide a baseline to collect information and track the effect of the project's approach outputs;
- to ensure regular monitoring of the financial status of the project;
- to monitor the implementation of the contracts, in particular to assess the quality of services provided;
- to organize/prepare regular meetings of the project Steering Committee and of those of project members, to prepare minutes of meetings and action plans with clear responsibilities and timeframe, and to monitor their implementations;
- to organize/prepare regular meetings, periodic project reviews with the governmental counterparts and other partners, recording the results of the review meetings in minutes, reports and formulation of the action plans;
- to draft reports on project activities for UNESCO and the European Union as per set standards;
- to conduct analyses on lessons learned, and to foster exchanges of information among the project team and strategic stakeholders to identify new strategies and actions to improve delivery of services and to achieve the project objectives; and,
- to perform any other related tasks related to the scope of work of the M&E Officer that may be assigned by the Senior Project Officer.
Long Description COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- An advanced university degree (Masters level or equivalent) in Education, Science, Engineering, Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Natural Resources Management, Business Administration, Management or other related areas
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation of projects, and / or experience in programme coordination and management;
- Experience in working with the Government and development partners and international/national Non-Governmental Organizations; and,
- Experience in training, coordination and/or institutional and human capacity-building.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, Uzbek and Russian languages.
- Good knowledge of results-based and budget management tools;
- Proven excellent oral, written, analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage heavy workloads and meet tight deadlines, paying close attention to details and quality of work;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills;
- Excellent project implementation skills;
- Ability to work as part of an international team in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize to adjust work schedules and deliver timely results; and,
- Excellent IT skills including in MS Office.
- Work experience in programme coordination and management with focus on education and social sector development;
- Experience in the project planning, M&E, management and implementation;
- Experience in training, coordination and/or institutional and human capacity-building; and,
- Excellent knowledge of current Skills development context in Uzbekistan, with particular focus on: education, sector planning, TVET, economic development, livelihoods, local governance, youth development, and civil society.
- Knowledge of UNESCOs mission and the Education Sector’s Programme;
- Familiarity with the administrative procedures of large Organizations and preferably those of UNESCO;
- Ability to engage and form effective working relationships with counterparts and colleagues;
- Ability to work within limited time constraints in the preparation of high quality products; and,
- Ability to work in a complex, rural and remote areas.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.