Pharma Warehouse Officer-Raqqa/Roving
The Pharma Warehouse Officer will be responsible for the receipt, storage and distribution of drugs, medical supplies and equipment to IRC supported health facilities and mobile team. Manage the IRC central pharmacy according to Global Supply Chain Pharmaceutical Warehouse manual 2013. This position reports to Supply Chain Manager.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee’s performance
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees
- Maintain items record, document necessary information, and utilize reports to project warehouse status.
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practice.
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments.
- Order preparations and sending to the different health structures (packing, transport…)
- Provide Supportive supervision of drug delivery - receipt system in all IRC supported clinics.
Receipt and storage of goods:
- Check the number of packages against the waybill check packaging and cases and inform the Pharmacist, supply chain coordinator and health coordinator. of any problems (missing or damaged goods, wrong items, etc.) After receipt, immediately update the stock cards, recording the reference number of the receipt document, and put the goods away.
- Ensure that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Store all products in accordance with FEFO (first expiry first out) system
Request and inventory management:
- Preparing outgoing items (Monthly order to the policlinics)
- Ensure that the shipping areas (by destination) are clearly identified; store goods on shelves or palettes (as necessary), in a clean, tidy, and easily accessible manner.
- Pack (appropriately for the mode of transport chosen), weigh and label freight (destination, number of shipping units, waybill number, weight, and mode of transport) and assign a shipping number to each package, in accordance with the instructions of the line manager. PACKING LIST AND WAYBILL DONE BY SUPPLY, SO PROVIDE DATA ON PARCEL NUMBERS AND CONTENT
Stock management and administration:
- Supervise monthly inventory conducting of drugs, supplies and equipment and report to the health coordinator & Program Manager
- Perform other duties as requested by the Health Program Manager and Sr. SC Officer
·Ensure that all necessary information is correctly and fully recorded on the stock cards: batch number, expiry date, date of receipt or delivery, stock balance (incoming/outgoing), receipt and delivery document reference numbers.
·Computerized stock managemnet and complete all the tables for monitoring stock movements and consumption.
·Assist the line manager with preparation of the monthly stock report.
·In conjunction with the line manager, perform physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency
·Inform the line manager when the stock of goods is nearing the minimum or maximum threshold, and regularly provide the line manager with a list of the items with expiry dates within the next six months.
- Manage disposal of expired or damaged goods in accordance with the Pharmaceutical Warehouse management manual
·Monitor and support of the drug management system in all IRC supported clinics.
- Collect monthly consumption reports from all IRC supported facilities including mobile medical units
- Ensure the drug management information system is in place and stock and drug consumption information is kept updated in the facility pharmacies
- Train relevant health staff in the facilities in consumption methods for need estimation of drugs and in standard operation procedures to order medicines and supplies
·Prepare a weekly report of movements of goods (incoming/outgoing) in the warehouse.
- Produce monthly reports on the stocks of drugs and medical supplies, detailing all stock movements.
- Immediately inform the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly about damage, loss, attempted break-ins, or theft in the warehouse.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.