Senior Program Coordinator (Arrivals)
Salt Lake City (United States of America)
Job Overview: The Senior Program Coordinator for arrivals coordinates trauma-informed services for refugees and other qualified immigrants to support a positive resettlement experience and the achievement of client self-sufficiency. The Senior Program Coordinator also provides direct supervision to Casework and other arrival-oriented Assistants and ensures that their activities achieve the overall goal of positive resettlement for new arrivals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise Casework Assistants, the Housing, Logistics, and Transportation Assistants, providing overall support on personnel matters and program activities.
- Work closely with the Deputy Director of Programs, Resettlement Manager and Logistics and Housing Coordinator, as well as other Program Managers to provide seamless services to new arrivals.
- Track assigned arrivals and ensure successful delivery of donor-required core services to all.
- Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations. Build and maintain relationships with area service providers for the benefit of clients.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of services to meet funder requirements and follow up with staff to address any issues.
- Support staff in completing tasks, troubleshooting service issues, referring clients to other programs and services and addressing coordination issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations preferred.
- Supervision in a fast moving, multicultural social services environment preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Strong organizational skills including: multi-tasking, prioritizing, planning, and effective time management.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.
- Ability to productively troubleshoot challenges and promptly address issues.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.