Administration / Liaison Officer Sudan Khartoum
Under the superviosn of the HR Coordinator, Provides effective liaison function with government, and other partners (HAC, immigration,COR), focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Liaising with relevant authorities in consultation with HR Coordinator to process visas, work permits and residencies for international staff and visitors: Provide mission orders, process visa permits and a deal with immigration issues
- Focal point with HAC, the Admin & Liaison officer will be the interface between NRC and authorities regarding NRC official documents (registration, authorizations, etc.) including renewal, Legal services & documents
- Reception & dispatch of documents. Arrangement for courier services (commercial courier, official mailing, sign boards…) Shipping agreement for staff moving into Country and out,
- Establish and maintain proper filing and archiving system of admin document and correspondance,
- Maintain up-to-date contact details of the local authorities, and partner with whom NRC has working relationship; including contact personnel and documentation requirements.
- Continuously follow up with relevant Government office for current and up-to-date information on policies related to visas, work permits, tax exemption requirements, customs clearing etc; and advice NRC staff
- In close collaboration with the logistic Manager, prepare and raise required documentation to relevant authorities for tax exemption on import/export items that might arise
- Conducts admin briefing for new international staff ; prepares briefing notes for new staff on immigration formalities and ensures that the information is continuously updated.
2. Office & accommodation:
- Administrative advice and support to international staff (e.g. assist international staff and in finding suitable housing according to their needs within a short time frame).
- Management of offices and residences including supervision of staff assigned (cleaners)
- Management of lease agreements for all premises (office, residence, warehouse): preparation, renewals, termination, rents, addressing issues with Landlords,
- Arrange accommodation for visitors and staff in residences and hotels, from booking to billing,
- Provision of office and guest houses supplies consumables and non-consumables,
- Manage meeting rooms (occupancy, furniture, equipment)
- Managing of minor maintenance for the Khartoum office including office equipment/furniture as agreed with procurement department.
- Ensure adequate supply of stationery and office supplies; managing of the reception
- Maintaining of the guesthouses, guesthouse equipment and supplies
- Responsible for the organization of international travel arrangements
- Overall responsibility to ensure NRC visitors and consultants travel, accommodation and administration needs are met including transportation to and from the airport,
- Transport and accommodation arrangements for visitors and staff, from booking to billing (air, road, sea), according to procedures and framework agreements in place,
- Coordinate Freight and shipping of personal luggage of expatriates
- First level university degree (Bachelors or equivalent), preferably in Business Administration, Public Administration,
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) will be considered a strong asset/desired.
2. Work Experience
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in a relevant position such as provision of administrative and liaison services, logistics and supply chain management, custom clearance.
- Experience with administration, supply, protocol and liaison functions with International Organization would be considered as an asset.
- Experience and proven track record in dealing with government ministries, custom authorities and other relevant offices in processing various documents would be considered as an asset.
- Excellent computer skills and advance knowledge of MS Office is required.
- Having a valid driving license is required.
3. Language: Fluency in written and oral Arabic, and professional knowledge of English is required