Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Manager (maternity cover)
- To ensure identification and provision of appropriate mental health and psychosocial services to the beneficiaries, according to international standard tools and procedures.
- To ensure the implementation of field activities in the islands of Chios and Samos.
- To provide overall technical guidance to the MHPSS team in the islands of Chios and Samos.
- To manage the MHPSS team in the islands of Chios and Samos.
- To participate in program design and in planning of the appropriate MHPSS strategy.
- To lead the capacity building efforts of the IRC staff on MHPSS.
- To coordinate with other MHPSS agencies, partners and other actors.
- Provide technical and management leadership to the MHPSS program in the islands of Chios and Samos in accordance with best practices and IRC policy.
- Ensure that high quality individual, family and group counselling is provided to people in need for MHPSS support, that clients are referred when necessary and that updated information management systems are in place.
- Ensure regular communication with the MHPSS Snr. Manager and Area Manager of Chios and Samos, in order to provide updates on achievements and challenges and participate in programmatic decision making.
Staff Supervision & Development
- Follow the HR Handbook and legal requirements for staff management practices and processes.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews.
- Ensure training, support and ongoing capacity building opportunities for staff on technical skills.
- Conduct trainings to staff members of other departments to sensitize on MHPSS issues and build capacity across programs.
- Conduct frequent check-in or/and supervision meetings with team members.
- Coordinate with HR department through all stages of recruitment (opening positions, shortlisting, interviews, decision, induction).
Grant Planning & Implementation
- Responsible for the overall achievement of grant in the islands of Chios and Samos in relation to the MHPSS activities.
- Supports implementation and ensure adherence to grant work plans, spending plans and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Work closely and coordinates with IRC SC, finance and grant, M&E staff to ensure timely program activities and expenditures, including active participation in grant opening/closing and review meetings.
Grant Monitoring & Reporting
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective and efficient quality control and reporting systems and processes of MHPSS program in Chios and Samos islands.
- Ensure regular field monitoring and modifications as required.
- Monitor and consolidate information collected from monthly and staff activity reports.
- Ensure high-quality and timely IRC and donor reports on activities, indicators, and achievements.
Representation – External & Internal Coordination:
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, social services, and other relevant actors.
- Participate or/and chair MHPSS Sub working groups at appropriate levels to contribute to coordination across agencies and sites.
- Advocate with peer agencies, government, and other stakeholders to promote timely and quality MHPSS response.
- Participate in internal meetings and coordinate with other programs.
- Contributes to the development of the MHPSS sector.
- Contribute to proposal development (narrative and budget) through planning and program design with relevant field-based staff and ensure technical standards are taken into consideration.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Manage staff that report into monitoring and evaluation systems in order to ensure data quality and timeliness in reporting.
- Monitor and consolidate information collected from monthly staff activity reports.
- Ensure high-quality programming according to international minimum standards and best practices.
- Support data analysis and information dissemination to the appropriate coordinating mechanisms, field teams, beneficiaries and IRC implementing team accordingly.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.