- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
- Additional Location Description
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
The world has not experienced a pandemic at the scale or pace of the current COVID-19 pandemic; the virus has ferociously attacked high- and low-income countries alike, but in so doing, has exposed inequities in access to quality care within and across countries. Despite proactive mitigation and stringent suppression strategy, the number of COVID cases in India continue to rise. While the indirect impacts of the COVID-19 on the availability and utilization of routine health services cannot yet be known, lessons from previous crises suggest that service disruption and displacement will have a grave impact on population health. In order to address these challenges, a robust response based on a strengthened health workforce, resilient supply chains and rapid increase in diagnostic capacity are being spearheaded by the Ministry of Health and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate William J. Clinton Foundation's (WJCF), through its COVID-19 response program, supports the ICMR, MoHFW and focus states in COVID-19 testing, treatment access, and programme management. On testing and diagnostics, the programme supports government partners on testing policy, strengthened data and delivery systems, and the development of guidelines. The programme has been supporting ICMR in developing the strategic plan for scaling up testing, providing data-driven insights to support supply chain management, including forecasting and inventory management, and helping build guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for downstream distribution commodities. Separately, the programme also supports selected states on localized strategies for testing scale-up and equitable access, more robust engagement with the private sector, improved treatment readiness, strong awareness campaigns and capacity building initiatives, and analytics-based programme management. In Punjab, we have been supporting the government to ensure effective and equitable COVID-19 treatment by providing evidence-based insights, deploying IT tools, developing and operationalizing guidelines and SOPs, designing and implementing systemic interventions, and preparing blueprints for third-wave preparedness.
We seek a highly motivated individual with excellent analytical ability and strong communication skills for the role of Analyst, COVID-19. The Analyst will report to the Program Lead, COVID-19, and will be expected to develop and manage strong relationships with the Dept. of Health & Family Welfare (DoHFW), Govt. of Punjab, to support program implementation initiatives. The role will require the Analyst to help design, monitor, and drive the implementation of evidence-based COVID-19 strategies. The ideal candidate must have strong quantitative and analytical skills, excellent communication and written skills, be self-directed, adapt to the program's differing needs, and be committed to excellence.
A strong profile will include outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills. The candidate must be self-driven, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and have a high comfort level with ambiguity. The candidate must be able to function independently and flexibly. We place great value on qualities such as resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support DoHFW in all aspects of strategy, planning and implementation of initiatives for COVID-19
- Translate objectives provided by the national and state departments, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and support DoHFW on prioritizing initiatives.
- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoHFW, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate and/or participate in the working group(s) to support evidence generation to implement initiatives.
- Develop M&E frameworks to measure lab utilization, turn-around time, and pendency to identify gaps and suggest interventions for optimizing and augmenting lab operations.
- Build a database of suppliers of essential commodities and equipment for states to expediently access products.
- Implement innovative solutions to reduce supply as well as demand-side disruptions in other health services.
- Reconcile parallel data sources to facilitate monitoring, synthesis, and analysis of data to draw meaningful insights
- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders' efforts and across other CHAI programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.
- Conduct analyses to ensure sufficient supplies of commodities and equipment, appropriate coverage with interventions, and/or progress towards program goals.
- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with CHAI's technical teams and Program Manager(s) to develop and implement a coordinated support program.
- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.
- Support the Program Manager in implementing effective PPP for augmenting testing and treatment capacity in the state.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by programme leadership.
- Master's/Bachelor’s degree in management, economics, engineering, computer science, statistics, operations research, public health or allied areas with 2-4 years work experience.
- Experience working in public health organization or management consulting, development sector or similar fast-paced, output-oriented environments or pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device industry.
- Exceptional analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and Tableau or Power BI.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including the ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and stakeholder management capabilities. Demonstrated ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multicultural environment.
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, manage multiple priorities, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment.
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, primarily clinical, scientific, and technical manufacturing information.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the state.