Administrative and Procurement Assistant
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
FAO Ukraine is a project management Office headed by the Regional Programme Leader (RPL) under the operational responsibility of the Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia. FAO Ukraine is contributing to the development of national policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Representative and of the de-facto Head of the Office/Budget Holder, the direct supervision of the Head of Office/Programme Officer in Ukraine, the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer and in close collaboration with International Project Coordinator and Heads of Field Offices.
The Administrative and Procurement Assistant will be responsible for provision of assistance in administrative, operational and procurement aspects of FAO response and recovery programme in eastern Ukraine.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Administrative and Procurement Assistant will carry out the following activities:
• Contribute to day-to-day tasks ensuring that FAO programs/projects implemented in conflict-affected regions achieve the expected results;
• Provide administrative assistance and logistical support for the purpose of carrying out of trainings, workshops, and other outreach events on matters within the FAO’s mandate;
• Keep track on management of FAO vehicles fleet, including checking of driver’s logs;
• Carry out all administrative tasks of the field offices, including provision of necessary support for field missions such as security clearance, travel authorization, travel expense claim, accommodation booking, transportation requests, and other relevant tasks as required;
• Oversee the financial and administrative activities of the office, including but not limited to management of office petty cash, preparation of financial reports; conduct regular inventory and contract audits;
• Support international and national staff during their missions to the region, including preparation of relevant documents required by the FAO and the Government of Ukraine;
• Assist the FAO Team with translation of the documents and other correspondence and provide interpretation on an as-needed basis;
• Process incoming and draft outgoing correspondence, e-mails, and other written materials;
• Undertake operational functions relating to the procurement process, including but not limited to: planning, preparation of routine documentation and correspondence related to assigned procurement actions, identification of potential suppliers , preparation of invitations to bids and RFQ’s, bid summaries, simple contractual amendments, renewals; obtain clarifications when necessary; perform market assessments to identify possible local suppliers;
• Take actions connected with delivery, prepare acceptance documentation/donation letters;
• Assist in filing documents, correspondence and database records related to procurement actions;
• Ensure implementation of procurement arrangements following the applicable rules and procedures;
• Plan, manage, and execute purchases of outside goods and services individually and in a team, in particular ensure acquisition of products and services at competitive prices with favorable terms to accomplish the project’s objectives;
• Perform any other relevant duties and tasks as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in economics, business administration, procurement and other related fields.
• Three years of experience in administrative, accounting and/ or procurement support work,
• Working knowledge (Level C) of English and level B of French or Spanish Advanced knowledge of English. Knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an advantage.
• Good knowledge of the MS Office package, Internet and office technology equipment.
• National of Ukraine.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Very good knowledge of the corporate computerized financial / travel / human resources systems
• Good knowledge of procurement regulations and procedures
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.