Case Management Coaching Package Consultant ( Child Protection) - Beirut
The purpose of the consultancy is to collaborate with the IRC coaching program team to develop a case management coaching package that includes curriculum, various educational techniques for different roles and skill sets and relevant tools, building on the previous learning sessions and training program of IRC as well as the ongoing pool of coaches’ sessions being delivered to the new identified participants in 2021.
Scope of Work
The scope of work for this consultancy consists in 3 phases that that might overlap as follows:
PHASE 1:Desk review and Needs Assessment
1. Desk review
- Review IRC coaching curriculums and existing training package to be able to adapt and graphically design the facilitation and coaching skills training package following a similar structure.
- Review the peer-to-peer sessions materials and reports in addition to any other relevant reports and documentations related to the coaching program provided by IRC to gain a full understanding of the IRC experience in CPCM capacity building and identify possible gaps or unaddressed areas.
- Review of other similar global and national toolkits including but not limited to training modules, evaluation tools, curricula on coaching, mentoring and on the job shadowing in child protection and case management.
2. Needs Assessment
- Coordinate with the IRC Child Protection Coordinator, CP Technical Advisor, Child Protection senior manager, Child protection Coaching Manager, as well as other CP coaching staff members to get a briefing on the coaching program, and build upon IRC’s experience, strengths, challenges and needs.
- Collaborate closely with IRC’s coaching staff and participate when possible and upon the guidance of the coaching manager to the pool of coaches’ sessions to understand the dynamic, identify the specific challenges that will inform the coaching package content development and structure design.
- Conduct Key Informant Interviews with selected staff of other NGOs who collaborated at the finalization of the Inter-Agency Case Management Supervision and Coaching Package under the Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action.
This phase will be concluded by the submission of an inception report that includes the main findings of the desk review and needs assessments in addition to the tentative structure of the package and its main content. Based on the report review, the IRC team might request a meeting to discuss the content inquire clarifications and advise on recommendations and inputs for the design and structure of the package.
PHASE 2: Package development
1. Based on existing materials, adapt, and develop a coaching package for the child protection Case management that fits the Lebanese context. The package should include:
- Introductory overview section, giving a general overview of the training package, present the specific approach used and the strategic and operational objectives as well as the target group and the key considerations for its use.
- A theoretical part that includes definitions of the different learning techniques and methods in child protection with a specific emphasis on coaching and the competency framework of a good coach for CPCM and key challenges that might face a CP coach.
- A fully fledged training modules that would include themes, sessions, objectives, facilitator guide, materials needed, handouts, and other supporting materials such as PowerPoint presentations and evaluation and auto evaluation tools as appropriate. Sessions should be using different learning methods such as simulation, case studies, role play, small group exercises, learning assignments with examples inspired from CP cases.
- List of resources and references of materials existing and used, including relevant standards, guidelines, and complementary training resources for further guidance should be stated throughout the materials development under related sections.
- A specific chapter should tackle recommendations on specific approaches and sustainable ways for the coaches to continue learning and to provide trainings on case management by themselves.
1. Workshops & trainings
- Carry out a ToT for IRC CP coaching staff members and additional members on the toolkit package.
Reporting and coordination:
The consultant will work closely with the IRC CP coaching manager and will provide updates through regular meeting to the senior child protection manager and the Child Protection Coordinator as appropriate.
The consultant will be responsible of the following deliverables:
- Inception report following the first phase of desk review and needs assessment.
- CP CM coaching package including (training modules, tools, handouts, exercises and case studies, facilitator guide, pre and posttest questionnaires, the package should be in English.
- ToT training materials and PowerPoint presentation.
- Consultancy final report as described above.
All materials developed must be original work. If information from existing resources is integrated into the materials it must be done with the permission of the original source, and clear attribution, reference and credit must be provided to the source.
All curricula and materials designed and produced under this consultancy will be the property of IRC.
Timeframe and Payment modality:
The consultant will be hired till the end of Dec.21 and will be paid as lumpsum once IRC approves the curriculum and the consultant conduct the training session to the pool of coaches.
Beirut based with possible travel in Lebanon- however movements during COVID-19 are in line with the government of Lebanon recommendations.