Protection Sector Co-Coordinator
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Protection Sector Co-Coordinator to deliver alongside UNHCR, the overall implementation and sector coordination for the Protection Sector in Libya as well as leading on protection advocacy, representation and accountability together with UNHCR.
About the job
The Protection Sector Co-Coordinator will work with UNHCR, as lead agency responsible, for overall implementation and sector coordination, and in accordance with IASC guidelines on cluster/sector leadership and accountability, to a) strengthen effective coordination of the Protection Sector to ensure that the protection sector is functioning to the highest standards, b) improve the representation of civil society and participation of sector members, and c) reinforce the accountability of humanitarian response towards affected persons.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Protection Sector meetings, information exchange across protection sector and AORs as well as with other sectors and working groups
- Strategic planning for the protection sector strategy with the Lead agency
- Work with the lead sector agency to support sector level reporting
- External representation and advocacy on protection issues
- Technical Support to Protection Sector Members in terms of technical guidance and meeting standards, engagement with stakeholders and mainstreaming of topics
- Iniatitive and lead on technical capacity building
- Protection Tools and Protection Information Management
- Resource mobilisation
To be successful in this role we expect you to have experience in a coordination or leadership role and extensive experience with protection technical sector engagement. You will be required to bring stakeholders together around a common goal and strategy and adapt to different stakeholders needs to ensure the sector strategy can be delivered. You will take opportunities to build capacities of those around you and advocate on protection issues to ensure the effective delivery and representation of protection sector priorities in Libya. Moreover, we also prefer you to possess the following:
- Excellent understanding of protection issues in emergency situations and durable solutions and detailed knowledge of humanitarian principles, guidelines and laws;
- Previous experience in cluster/sector coordination in complex emergency context;
- Excellent leadership, coordination, communication, capacity building, planning and analytical skills;
- Previous experience with protection monitoring, analysis of protection data, and supporting cluster information management systems;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Experience in facilitation workshop and trainings
- Remote working experience
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 6 months
Designation of Duty Station: Unaccompanied
Start date: 17th November 2021
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Claudia Di Bella at email@example.com
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 21st October 2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.