AKADEMIYA2063 has a vacancy for an Executive Assistant who will work with the highest level of discretion to provide effective and efficient support to members of the Executive Office (i.e., Executive Chairperson, Managing Director, and Chief of Staff) through management of information and documentation flow, organization of/preparation for meetings and follow-up on actions required and deadlines/commitments made, and maintenance of protocol procedures. The successful candidate should possess a very high degree of initiative, a proven ability to handle multiple demands of a dynamic and evolving office; demonstrated reliability and resourcefulness combined with an excellent work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, and commitment to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment. Candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in Rwanda.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Chief of Staff, ensuring full confidentiality in all aspects of assignments, the Executive Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Responsible for highly proactive time, travel, and calendar management on behalf of the Executive Office Team, including effective prioritization and resolution of related conflicts and competing demands.
- Participate in and prepare minutes of meetings for the Executive Office Team, including the regular Management Committee (MC) meetings.
- Independently respond to diverse inquiries and make decisions when multiple courses of action are possible. Keep relevant parties informed of actions taken by the Executive Office by providing pertinent information, reports, or status updates.
- Assist with the coordination and logistical matters for all Board and committee meetings including managing travel, accommodation, and any other arrangements for Trustees.
- Assist in the planning of board meetings including the preparation and assembly of board documents and materials.
- Assist in the planning of events for the Board and the Executive Office when needed as well as providing support on major events, where Board involvement is required.
- Coordinate the planning of local and international travel for the unit and process travel expenses.
- Lead in the preparation, execution, and follow up for Unit meetings as well as events and other engagements for the team. Schedule regular meetings as directed, document minutes and action plans as required.
- Organize documents of the Executive Office for ease of retrieval and references and maintain the office’s database and documentation.
- Establish and maintain contacts with executive assistants of all relevant senior government officials, development partners, embassies, etc., relevant for the communications of the Executive Office Team.
- Lead and manage the Administrative Support Team (AST)
- Any other duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum of 7 years’ work experience in an executive assistant, administration, or related role preferably with international development organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field.
- Ability to process, handle, and communicate matters of a sensitive and confidential nature with a high degree of judgement and maturity.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, monitor and implement tasks and projects. Demonstrate ownership and accountability for results. Demonstrate innovation and creativity in promoting effectiveness.
- Ability to deal tactfully, diplomatically, and effectively with internal/external contacts at all levels in a multicultural environment. Demonstrated ability to independently respond to extensive and diverse inquiries and make decisions when multiple courses of action are possible.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to speak articulately and to write clearly, precisely, and concisely for various audiences, and strong ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills with proven ability to work promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Ability to shift gears at short notice to work on a wide range of assignments, remaining flexible and effective with a clear understanding of objectives to be achieved.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to reorganize, edit and draft a variety of documents.
- Strong planning and organizing skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills; courtesy, tact, patience, and team orientation.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize work amidst competing demands.
- Computer proficiency, especially in MS Office applications; ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Good command of English; working knowledge of French would be an added advantage.
- Commitment to AKADEMIYA2063’s mission and core values.