AKADEMIYA2063 (A2063) was established to continue and expand the portfolio of policy research and capacity-strengthening support for implementing the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP). AKADEMIYA2063 overall mission is to provide data, policy analysis, and capacity-strengthening support that enables African Union member states to achieve inclusive and sustainable development and economic prosperity. AKADEMIYA2063’s programs portfolio consists of The Regional Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support Systems (ReSAKSS), the African Growth and Development Policy (AGRODEP) Modeling Consortium, and the Malabo Montpellier Panel (MaMo Panel).
AKADEMIYA2063’ Human Resources (HR) Department) aims to provide strategies, policies, tools, guidance and oversight across the organization to ensure that we attract, develop, and retain a diverse, skilled and highly motivated workforce, that will deliver on the mission of the organization. As we work on developing and implementing a people centered strategy and positioning HR as a strategic partner contributing to the achievement of AKADEMIYA2063’ mandate, we are looking for an HR Officer to join our team. The HR officer will assume responsibility for HR related administrative tasks and help us create a working environment that maximizes the potential of our staff.
We are looking for a skilled candidate who will support the Chief of Staff in the provision of excellent, proactive, customer-focused operational support on human resource planning, recruitment and selection, contract administration, fostering good employee relations, administration of pay and benefits, building people managers capacity, learning and development and performance management.
The successful candidate will be highly efficient, passionate about HR, have knowledge of various HR functions, and be committed to providing excellent assistance and support to our employees and managers. Interested applicants must have the proper authorization to work in Rwanda
Under the guidance of the Chief of Staff, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Ensures the development and maintenance of the HR administration system (starting from recruitment processes to setting up a staff file system, issuing contracts, leave administration, social contributions and tax payment, management of medical/health insurance, etc.).
- Assists in the identification of staffing needs, job analysis & design
- Support the creation and implementation of effective onboarding/ offboarding plans
- Ensures that proper job descriptions are in place and regularly updated for all established positions
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records according to policy and legal requirements, ensure records are accurately maintained and updated regularly in line with data protection.
- Assists in the identification of staff training/development needs/opportunities, elaborate, and implement development plans
- Processes employee requests for external training while complying with policies and procedures.
- Support the performance management process
- Provide counseling to staff on HR policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly metrics and other reports for the Chief of staff
- Promotes safe and healthy workplace practices
- Perform other tasks as needed or required
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in human Resources or another closely related field, master’s preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Ability to maintain absolute discretion and maturity in handling sensitive/confidential data.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, meet deadlines while keeping good team spirit.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Leadership and Autonomy competencies
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Fluency in English and French (spoken and written) is necessary