Senior Maritime Policy Advisor - Office Of The Secretary-general
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Chief of Staff and overall supervision of the Secretary- General, the incumbent will:
- Oversee and manage the activities and work output of the staff of the Executive Office of the Secretary-General.
- Act as focal point to facilitate the Organization’s action and response by appropriate Divisions in the event of a major maritime incident, and represent the Organization, as required.
- Coordinate and consult with internal and external stakeholders on recognising new trends, developments and challenges affecting the Organization in pursuit of its mission and identify proactive measures to be adopted by the Organization to enhance its impact, influence and effectiveness.
- Act as Secretary to Council Working Groups and participate in task forces and meetings, as needed.
- Assists in the implementation and reporting of the Strategic Plan and other associated plans of the Organization, monitors its application and propose improvements.
- Provide or oversee the provision of information to Member States, the UN and its specialized agencies, international organizations, industry, research establishments etc.; and to other divisions of the Secretariat.
- Facilitate dialogue and promote improved collaboration and cooperation with internal and external stakeholders by developing and maintaining strong working relationships and partnerships with representatives of entities such as Governments, UN system organizations, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Engage and communicate with UN system organizations, provide an overview of policy developments and advise key staff members on their relevance to IMO’s mission, vision, operations and management.
- Participate in the organization-wide strategic planning and risk management processes, ensuring that follow-up action is taken for the implementation of key resolutions and policy decisions of the Organization.
- Coordinate the development of policies on issues related to the achievements of the Organization’s mission, in conjunction with the Internal Oversight Services, monitor the effectiveness of internal administrative procedures and make proposals for streamlining, as appropriate; and
- Perform any other related duties, as required.