Education PDM Palestine
Palestine (United States of America)
Our Ideal Candidate:
NRC is actively seeking an experienced Education PDM (Programme Development Manager Manager). Our ideal candidate will be a strong manager and leader with core competency (Education) technical expertise, with minimum 4 years of experience within the Education sector in a humanitarian/ recovery context, 5 years of managerial experience with a focus on strategy and programme development and minimum 4 years of relevant field experience in international project management.
Certified higher education, within the education sector is required as well as fluency in English, both written and verbal. The person should also demonstrate documented results within Education programming a demonstrable track record/documented results.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Education PDM (Programme Development Manager) is responsible for the design, development and implementation of the Education programme in Palestine. Based in Jerusalem but with frequent travel to Gaza, the PDM has direct responsibility for the national Education programme, implemented in Gaza and the West bank, including East Jerusalem.
The role holder will be required to:
- Develop the NRC Education Core Competency (CC) strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro Log Frame.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, CC tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Responsible for development and management of proposals, project budgets and donor reports.
- Overall line management of project staff in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, and supervisory line to the Gaza Education team.
- Coordinate and manage the Education project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
More Specifically the position will:
- Contribute to the development of Country and Area and strategies for Education as well as initiate and participate in the development of Education projects in line with the agreed strategies.
- Provide equal management, development and coordination of both the Gaza and West Bank Education programmes to ensure synergies and best practice, with up to 50% of time spent in Gaza
- Carry out Core Competency needs assessments, and planning and implementation of response to new emergencies.
- Identify national and international trends, technical standards and donor priorities.
- Ensure that Education West Bank and Gaza programmes have an appropriate, cost efficient structure to implement the strategy and fulfil Education commitments to donors
- Collaborate with other Core Competencies on cross-cutting issues, developing synergies with a special focus on Protection and Livelihoods, while also ensuring synergies between Area Offices.
- Support NRC Regional and Head Offices in establishing and consolidating the Better Learning Programme (BLP).
- Lead the development of a new EiE strategy, concept papers and area plans.
- Ensure NRC Education programmes evolve to remain relevant to the changing context.
- Ensure the implementation of NRC Project Cycle Management (PCM) including the proper arrangement and follow up of Grants Opening Meetings as well as Grant Closure Meetings.
- Contribute to national, regional and global Education tools, guidelines, policy and research studies.
- In close coordination with the Advocacy team, articulate concerns and organize relevant evidence pertaining to Education issues in Gaza and West Bank that contribute to NRC's advocacy efforts.
- Identify synergies and integration between Education and other NRC Palestine programmes, with particular attention to advocacy.
- Develop and implement a sustainable, coordinated partnership strategy with Education partners.
- Under direction of the Head of Operations, lead on identifying new funding and partnership opportunities for the Education programme.
- Work closely with M&E to strengthen existing M&E systems based on NRC tools and train Education staff in their use, and to how use evidence to inform programme design and management.
- Develop capacity development strategies for NRC and partner staff through formal and informal training, mentoring, and coaching and workshop facilitation.
Additional Requirements: skills, knowledge and experience:
- Ability to use child-centred, process-oriented teaching and learning methodologies
- Solid understanding of adult learning methodologies, with experience in delivering a range of teacher development activities.
- Knowledge of the context in Palestine or the Middle East preferable.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage
- Ability to travel to Gaza, West Bank, East Jerusalem; and Israel and internationally
We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline. For further details you can view a copy of the full JD here.
Duty Station: Jerusalem/Gaza, Palestine
Reports to: Head of Program Operations
Contract: 12 months
Duration: full-time, in accordance with local labour laws
Travel: Upto 50%