Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Officer- Afghan Nationals Only
- Program/project design and learning
- With the support of the Senior MEAL officer, design, develop and continuously update project MEAL tools;
- Take part in diagnostic studies, evaluations and surveys;
- Support the Senior MEAL Officer in implementation of reflective practice forums at field office/ project level and compile lessons from project implementation processes.
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Coordinate field level community participatory monitoring and evaluation, reflective practice and impact measurement;
- With the support of the Senior MEAL Officer, ensues the on-time execution of projects major monitoring and evaluation events including but not limited to baseline survey, mid-term evaluation, final evaluation, data quality audit and field supervision.
- In collaboration with the Senior MEAL Officer and the MEAL Manager, provide technical assistance to staff on information management system, proper data collection and record keeping.
- With the support of the senior MEAL Officer, update MEAL plan timely and provide feedback to program staff on status and quality of implementation.
- Assist the Senior MEAL Officer with monthly and/or quarterly performance indicator analysis, including generation of reports as well as presentations for staff related to on-going performance.
- Conduct regular data verification exercises to ensure reporting and collection of quality data;
- Verify entered data for completeness, correctness, and consistency and follow up on any data quality issues;
- Document findings from data quality audits and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access;
- Actively participate in and contribute to MEAL team activities, system assessments, development and implementation of new systems and/or tools aimed at strengthening overall MEAL practices at IRC Afghanistan.
- Assist the Senior MEAL Officer to provide MEAL inputs for reports written during project implementation.
- Information management and reporting
- Support the Senior MEAL Officer in establishing and maintaining project information management system.
Submit data set to update country office wide program database on monthly basis.
- Support the Senor MEAL officer to compile quarter, biannual and annual tabular and narrative reports (as required by project stakeholders) on projects’ accomplishments.
- Capacity building and supervision
- Organize orientation for field programme staff and volunteers on the monitoring tools and train them how to use data for decision making.
- Coach, mentor and supervise the Assistant MEAL Officer/s.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Perform other task related assignment proposed by his/her supervisor/s