Finance Technical Officer
Role and Responsibilities
The role of the Budgeting and Reporting Technical Officer is to assist the Budgeting and Reporting
Manager by making sure that the budgets and financial reports are prepared in accordance with NRC
and donors’ requirements and submitted on time. The following is a brief description of the role:
1. Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
2. Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
3. Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
4. Ensure proper filing of documents
5. Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
6. Assist in the capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills.
1. Participate in preparing NRC Master Budget and Ensure regular update of the Master budget
that will serve as a guide for all new donor proposal.
2. Participate in budget preparation of grants applications and revisions to ensure compliance
with NRC and donor guidelines as well as master budget coverage.
3. Participate in providing donor financial reports
4. Preparing monthly shared allocations and book monthly prepayments and International staff
5. Regular update of Authorization Table.
6. Verify the purchase requests and payment requests and ensure signatories are according to
7. Insure compliance of actual expenditures with budgets and Donors regulations.
8. Train the staff on the Agresso and excel tools, and support the project teams to understand
the financial reports and provide trainings as required
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results.
They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional corn petencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context! Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• 3 years of experience from working in a Financial (officer and above) position in a
• Experience with multiple humanitarian donors and specifically their budgeting and reporting
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency
Framework states 12 behavioural cornpetencies, and the following are essential for this position:
• Handling insecure environment
• Planning and delivering results
• Working with people
• Communicating with impact and respect
1- Contract: till end of June 2022( Renewable based on the performance and donation)
2- Duty Station: Amman Jordan
3- Salary: 1347 JOD (Subject to social security and Income Tax)