Spring 2022 Communications Intern
Atlanta (United States of America)
This internship is located within the Resource Development Department, whose purpose is to establish strong, mutually-beneficial connections between the community and the IRC in Atlanta order to garner monetary, in-kind and volunteer resources for refugee clients. The Communications Intern will work closely with the Communications Coordinator towards these goals in order to enhance the IRC in Atlanta’s ability to meet refugee client needs.
This position requires a minimum of 15 hours a week for at least three months.
- Provide data collection and research including tracking all forms of media coverage, events, and issues.
- Draft written materials for internal and external communications.
- Draft newsletters, flyers, graphics, and marketing materials.
- Create content for social media channels.
- Update and maintain coalition website and social media.
- Support special events as needed.
- Provide administrative support as needed and maintain contact databases.
- Assist with other Resource Development needs such as donation management, external communications, and fundraising.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and special staff development programs.