Tax Site Coordinator
San Diego (United States of America)
Tax Site Coordinator assists with the coordination and day-to-day administration of the IRC’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program at one of the IRC’s two sites (City Heights and El Cajon). In 2021, the IRC’s VITA program assisted almost 2,000 individuals and families with free remote-based tax preparation. These services brought over $4 million in tax refunds back to low-income communities. This is a short term, full time position from December 2021 - April 2022.
- Oversee the day-to-day remote operations of the IRC’s VITA site during tax season (January – April 2022), including but not limited to:
- Complete the IRS Link and Learn tax training at the Advanced level as well as the Site Coordinator Training;
- Assist with the recruitment and training of VITA program volunteers prior to and during the tax season;
- Coordinate marketing and outreach activities for the IRC’s VITA program;
- Assist with data collection and reporting to program funders;
- Ensure compliance with IRS and VITA program policies and procedures;
- Assist with creating an emergency virtual service delivery plan;
- Troubleshoot IT issues that should arise in remote environment;
- Other related duties as assigned.