eCBIS Senior Technical Project Manager, Digital Health
eCBIS Senior Technical Project Manager, Digital Health
(Electronic Community Base Information Systems)
This role was posted on November 11, 2021 and is open until November 26, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
Last Mile Health’s (LMH) Liberia Digital Health Team supports the Ministry of Health to design and deploy digital health solutions for community health programs. The team is working with the government to design, develop, and deploy the Electronic Community Based Information System (eCBIS). This position is designed to support the planning, government engagement/training, coordination, software development, and implementation of eCBIS. The goal of this position is to improve the quality of eCBIS and to ensure that the Ministry of Health can sustainably manage the initiative.
The eCBIS Technical Project Manager will be a dynamic, self-motivated, and technically savvy team member who provides senior project management expertise on the development of Digital Health software solutions. They will run the eCBIS project on a day-to-day basis, and will be responsible for smooth coordination of activities across LMH teams (MERL, Programs, NCHS), non-profit implementing partners, and units of the Liberian MoH (CHSD, HMER, ICT, NPHIL). They will also support the Software Development Manager and an external set of ONA engineers to understand technical issues and user feedback in the implementation of these activities.
This position is open to National and International candidates.
Position: One (1)
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
What You’ll Do
- Lead the eCBIS activity and oversee the eCBIS internal technical working group focused on coordinating the planning, design, development, and launch of eCBIS.
- Ensure the smooth cross-departmental coordination of eCBIS through regular updates to an eCBIS activity hub, routine coordination meetings, and working group reports.
- Plan and develop architecture diagrams for the nation-wide data infrastructure, which show stakeholders how data is collected, transferred, stored, and reported.
- Create a plan for the development of the system and subsystems, including mapping of user and system workflow and processes.
- Manage the day-to-day work of ONA’s two Liberia-based engineering staff.
- Work alongside the Liberia Team and government members to develop UX mock-ups, conduct focus groups, end-user interviews, and feedback assessments with eCBIS users in rural Liberia.
- Coordinate the testing of new software versions with users and key stakeholders through extensive pilot testing to ensure the system and subsystems work in a real-world offline environment.
- Develop and execute a plan to scale eCBIS across Liberia
- Act as the key LMH eCBIS focal person for the Liberia MoH and represent LMH at CBIS working groups meetings.
- Responsible for engaging government and implementing partners in setting technical requirements and acceptance criteria for eCBIS and providing continuous technical assistance to the government, communicating trade-offs during design, and ensuring government authorization of major eCBIS decisions and app releases.
- Responsible for establishing a long-term system roadmap for eCBIS that leads to the government sustainably managing and customizing the system.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as computer science or relevant work experience.
- Several years of technical project management experience
- Significant relevant engineering experience
- A proven track record managing large complex, enterprise IT systems hardware and/or software design, development, deployment and support initiatives with multiple internal and external stakeholders and vendors.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing large scale ICT4D initiatives in low resource environments.
- Experience in improving project management tools and techniques to contribute to the management and optimization of multiple project teams.
- Experience managing and tracking project budgets, forecasts and schedule to achieve target scope, schedule and cost.
You’ll Impress Us If
- Experience in leading enterprise Application Development utilizing software development lifecycle framework from requirements gathering to post-implementation product support, including quality assurance and system integration.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify the "critical path" in large-scale projects and anticipate and plan for successful completion.
- Ability to manage a considerable volume of detail and of accurately summarizing project status to executives and stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain relationships by engaging stakeholders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Hold a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or similar Program or Project Management Certification
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 3
For Liberia, the national staff salary range is $30,000 to $ 42,000 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
For International staff the salary range is $60,000 to $72,000. The compensation difference for international staff members reflects the duplicative costs of living that they will incur upon moving to Liberia.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To Apply Please Click This Link Below: