Leadership Development Training Coordinator II
Baltimore (United States of America)
t Training Coordinator
Manager II, Leadership Development
Department: Global People Resources
Type of Post Telecommuter or based at . The US office is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As a global organization, that has grown significantly in size over the past decade, CRS is now comprised of almost 7,000 people from over 100 countries who collaborate to catalyze transformational change. One key Strategic Approach in CRS’ is to build a more agile, innovative, and impactful organization. How CRS’s mission is delivered matters as much as what CRS does. CRS is nurturing a work culture in which Respect, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (REDI) are prior itized. The Leadership Development and Talent team plays a critical role in achieving CRS’ mission.
As a member of the Leadership Development and Talent team, you will coordinate and support leadership development and talent management program activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that learning programs for leaders consistently apply best practices and constantly work toward improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Support the coordination of Leadership Development Team high-potential and leadership development program activities across different learning platforms (CRSLearns, MS Teams, etc.)
- Organize and manage learning content across different program communication channels (e.g. Learning Management System, SharePoint, MS Teams or Yammer sites).
- Manage training program logistics (e.g. setting up virtual learning sessions, coordinating facilitator and participant schedules across multiple time zones, scheduling guest speakers, coordinating coaching sessions, small group working sessions and assessments)
- Administer assessments 360- & self-assessments associated with each learning program.
- Purchasing learning program materials, licenses and assessments.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and program schedules.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities to collect and analyze program data. Collaborate with learning team and internal partners to evaluate programs and create reports.
- Ability to manage and facilitate social learning platforms to communicate and engage participants in program content, concepts and resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in relevant field or equivalent. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Three years of work experience in project management, training or event coordination support
Required Languages – English required; French or Spanish a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with team members and internal partners virtually.
Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Strong project management skills: proven ability to initiate tasks, conduct necessary research, coordinate with appropriate staff and follow through until all tasks completed.
Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; interest and experience in using technology and new platforms to improve work efficiency.
Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of job functions.
- Experience of coordinating and/or managing training programs and events
- Ability to support virtual learning events using MS Teams platform
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data
- Experience serving as a project lead from conception to completion
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities none
Key Working Relationships:
Internal – Learning Team, Talent Team, Overseas Operations Learning Team and Global People Resources/HR Team
External – LinkedIn Learning, training program vendors for purchasing materials
What we offer
CRS offers a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS' processes and polic ies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.