Health Information System Officer/ Derek
Health Data Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining and updating health information systems for the overall health program
- Identify service and user needs for the current systems and propose innovative ideas and developments to the Health Coordinator
- Data Collection, data cleaning, compilation, and preliminary analysis in a timely manner of data received from Community Health teams, Mental Health, MMUs and Static and/or Partners’ clinics regarding information such as General Morbidity, Reproductive Health, Community Health and EPI to be entered into database.
- Analyze collected data and convert it into value added information according to project indicators, and work with health managers to provide recommendations for continuous programming improvement.
- Review and refine data collection and verification processes and procedures to ensure that all desirable elements of data are captured by the system.
- Support development and roll out of relevant tools for data collection for teams, including for rapid/emergency response needs
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to partner facilities and mobile clinics to ensure proper use of HIS tools
- Create and implement a capacity building plan for data and HIS assistants, as well as continued learning for the health team regarding topics such as tool use, data collection, HIS systems, HIS data analysis, and good practices
- Review and analyze data to graphically present utilization trends based on monitoring indicators.
- As needed, review and Analyze stock levels and medical stocks consumption, through support and close coordination with the Health Coordinator, Health Managers and medical logistics teams, in order to ensure proper use age of medical stocks and to avoid stock outs of essential items.
- Perform other relevant tasks as required in support of processes for strengthening data analysis.
- Produce reports for specific needs aimed at enhancing efficiency, effectiveness and reliability of the decision making protocols.
- Provide integral support to report writing related to data.
- Conduct regular trainings, including refresher modules for new and existing staff on the use of HIS reporting tools
Project Support Responsibilities
- Work in coordination with all health team components including health services (General Morbidity & RH), Mental Health, and Community Health to meet program needs
- Support the medical logistic steam with the physical verification of medical stocks at the time of delivery at warehouse and distribution to MMUs on weekly basis and to static and partner clinics on monthly basis, in order to ensure appropriate usage and that stock orders are handled at appropriate intervals to avoid stock outs of essential items.
- Ensure proper documentation in both hard and soft copy of program data reports and commodities at supported health facilities as per IRC standards.
- Identify HIS needs and propose changes in existing tools and resources for HIS management.
- Support HIS and data needs in response to any emerging situation or new programming, including supporting new tool development, as needed.
- Support the line management and/or technical management of program HIS assistants, data clerks, and the M&E assistant.
- Input into program reports, proposals and assessments as requested by the health coordinator and other health managers.
- Perform other tasks/duties assigned by supervisor in accordance to the IRC policies and procedures.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.