Programme coordinator (M/F) - Lebanon
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
In Lebanon, MdM has been implementing different programmes aiming at strengthening the public health system, while focusing on mental health and psychosocial support. MdM is working in the integration of mental health in the primary healthcare system and contributing to the development of community-based mental healthcare services, opening and running community mental health centers. Activities are based in Beirut, Bekaa Valley and Tripoli.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you have the responsibility to design, manage, coordinate, adapt and evaluate programmes in Lebanon. You contribute to the definition of the operational strategy, objectives and action plans.
You lead and manage a team of two health programme managers, while working in close collaboration with the coordination team.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Supervise the implementation of programmes jointly with the consortium coordinator and in collaboration with partners
- Ensure control and monitoring of administrative, HR and technical regulations
- Contribute to budget construction, monitoring and revision
- Ensure the standardization of programmes between the different fields
- Ensure programmes comply with internal and legal rules and regulations
- Contribute to improve the operational strategy, participate in needs assessments, ensure strategic orientations are implemented
- Ensure adequate communication and information sharing within the team
- Conduct regular field visits
- Promote and facilitate coordination between the different programme managers and the technical team
- Supervise data collection and monitoring of indicators, support analysis of programmes in collaboration with the technical coordinators
- Participate in the monitoring of the overall humanitarian situation and propose operational adaptations accordingly
- Provide support to two health programme managers in the implementation of their action plan
- Ensure application of HR internal regulations and policies
- Ensure annual professional appraisal of staff
- Advise and support the measures to be taken in the event of difficulties, malfunctions and/or incidents
- Propose adaptations to the organizational chart when needed
- Compile information and contribute to monthly situation reports and to any other report when requested
- Coordinate and contribute to the writing of proposals and reports to donors, coordination mechanisms and authorities
- Participate in various working groups and task forces
- Liaise with operational partners at national level when requested
- Represent MdM with other NGOs, develop new partnerships
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: December 15, 2021
Gross monthly salary: 2 860 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
At least 3 years of humanitarian experience
At least 2 years of experience as programme or field coordinator
Experience in or knowledge of project cycle management, including in emergencies
Experience in team management
Stress resistance, pressure tolerance
Construction of partnerships
Budget management and follow-up, use of financial and logistical tools
Languages: fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Pour postuler, cliquer sur ce lien suivant : http://www.jobs.net/j/JckcupAk?idpartenaire=128