Support Services Team Leader
Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Support Services Team Leader for its operations in Sudan. DRC has been present in Sudan since 2004 working across 4 area offices covering both immediate humanitarian needs but also engages in longer term development activities.
About the job
The Support Services Team Leader -
• Ensures full compliance with DRC’s operations handbook on supply chain, finance, administration and HR
• Oversees and manage the supply chain, finance, administration and HR departments
• Ensures effective budgetary control, and adherence to DRC and donor policies and procedures
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
About you -
To be successful in this role we expect you to be -
• Line manage supply chain, finance, administrative and HR staff, support staff (cleaners, guards, drivers), or covering for finance, admin & HR tasks directly, where dedicated staff is under recruitment or resources are limited. Function as a link between the Area and the Country Office support services’ functions
• Responsible for maintenance of an area Master Budget with the support and under the supervision of the area manager
• Ensure that thorough and effective budgetary control is in place, and ensure accountability and donor compliance in all financial and logistics/supply chain documentation
• Preparation of monthly cash book and cash counts and submission to the Country office
• Preparation of monthly fund projections based on field needs and submission to country office for consolidation
• Oversee efficient Human Resource management of both DRC contracted employees and incentive-based workers
• Prepare programme and support budgets in collaboration with the area manager and relevant program managers
• Ensure full implementation and adherence to all DRC internal policies and procedures as well as local law regulations
• Prepare financial reports for donors for the area of responsibility, and check compliance with donor financial reporting requirements
• Responsible for training and provision of support to program staff in understanding financial/supply chain obligations and minimum requirements
• Oversee staff training and promotion
• Oversee HR procedures based on the global people policy, including recruitment, development, performance, contracts, well-being and people planning
• Act as DRC Code of Conduct focal point, including training and implementation
As Team Leader the post-holder is responsible for the following:
• Accountable for people management of employees, usually working in the same area of work
• Accountable for ensuring that agreed work plans and tasks set by the next-level up Manager are implemented on time
• Hiring and termination of employees and conducting performance appraisals (closely overseen by the next-level manager)
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience at a similar level
• Sound knowledge on cost planning, budgeting, and financial reporting
• Experience in management of HR and administrative teams
• Good knowledge of procurement procedures of INGOs
• Experience of working with DRC’s main donors (UN Agencies, ECHO, BHA etc.)
• Full professional proficiency in English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12 months
Designation of Duty Station: Gedaref, Sudan
Start date: Immediate
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 4 December 2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.