Organizational Development and Monitoring-Evaluation-Learning
Although the requirements indicate that the candidate must be currently domiciled in the country of assignment, we encourage all Canadians citizens to apply as Oxfam-Quebec will start deploying volunteers internationally very soon.
Through its mission, Oxfam is committed to promote the well-being of children, youth, women and men.
Oxfam has a zero-tolerance policy towards any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption and fraud.
To do so, Oxfam will ensure to recruit candidates who demonstrate the same values as the organisation and expects that everyone already working in the organisation shares and embody this commitment already.
Since April 2020, Oxfam-Quebec is implementing its new volunteer cooperation program (VCP) entitled "Equality in Action" working in close collaboration with Oxfam teams in the countries of intervention. This program will take place over a period of seven years (2020-2027) in thirteen countries and three regions.
The VCP aims to increase the performance of local partner organizations in developing countries in implementing inclusive, innovative, and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality in the 13 countries. Oxfam’s role is to support civil society organizations (CSOs) working with the most vulnerable and marginalized people to claim and exercise their rights. Oxfam puts women’s/girls’ rights at the heart of everything it does. The knowledge, capacity and expertise of the qualified volunteers will be leveraged through short and long-term assignments with local partner organizations.
The VCP will be articulated within Oxfam's Country Strategy while ensuring compliance with Oxfam-Québec's contractual agreements with its donors.
In close collaboration with the Oxfam team members in Bolivia, the volunteer cooperant will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of start-up strategies for Oxfam’s Equality in Action program in the country
- Identify, in collaboration with the country team: 1) the strategies for collaboration between volunteers and programme partners; and 2) the central and transversal intervention axes of the programme
- Coordinate the implementation, monitoring and improvement of the monitoring-evaluation-learning system of the “Equality in Action” programme in Bolivia, ensuring that it is linked to the needs of local partners and Oxfam’s overall strategy of intervention in the country
- Assess partners’ capacity against Oxfam and donor requirements to highlight areas for improvement in existing systems
- Execute and implement organizational strengthening plans in strategic areas identified by partners, in coordination with their line manager
- Help identify new partnerships with the private sector and international cooperation
- Share and embody Oxfam’s commitment to a zero-tolerance policy against behaviour that violates the code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation, abuse, intimidation, lack of integrity, corruption, and fraud
- Participate in development efforts in Canada during and after the mandate by contributing to the dissemination of the program, projects, partners, etc. through testimonials, life stories, photos, quotes, etc.
- Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status in Canada or citizenship of a Latin American country other than Bolivia
- University degree related to social sciences and/or relevant academic training
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar mandate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and Skype
- Proficiency in Spanish (spoken and written)
- Experience in training facilitation and program evaluation
- Adherence to Oxfam's mission and values, including the promotion of equality between women and men
- Experience in international development and cooperation.
- Living and housing allowances
- Medical and life insurance
- Volunteer Support Program
- Days off (20 days off/year for mandates of 12 months or more)
- Airline ticket home at the end of the mandate
- Access to various training courses
Oxfam-Québec is committed to the principle of employment equity. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Please fill the application form at: