Investment Officer / Senior Officer - Private Equity
Investment Officer / Senior Investment Officer - Private Equity
Department: Investment Operations Region 2, Banking Department
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB’s Investment Operations comprises two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
Banking Department has the following business lines: (i) Capital Markets and Structured Products, (ii) Digital Infrastructure and Other Productive Sectors, (iii) Financial Institutions and Syndication, and (iv) Private Equity (Funds and Directs).
The Investment Officer / Senior Investment Officer - Private Equity is expected to work with other team members primarily in the origination and execution of equity market investments (such as indirect equity investments via private equity funds as well as direct equity investments both in corporate platforms and in specific projects), and as necessary in the origination and execution of debt market investments (such as loans and guarantees), and/or capital market investments (such as corporate bonds, green bonds, project bonds and other asset-backed securities). The Investment Officer / Senior Investment Officer is expected to work closely with other relevant AIIB departments.
- Participate in origination and lead execution of investment projects in the relevant mandated areas;
- Lead project due diligence and approval processes, with emphasis on ensuring key economic, financial, technical, and legal issues are considered and mitigants incorporated in the financing structure and legal documents;
- Analyze financial statements and assist project team leaders in structuring transactions; review and when necessary prepare project and corporate financial models;
- Perform research on projects and clients;
- Arrange and prepare for client meetings. This could include presentations, memos and reports, etc.;
- Represent the Department in internal meetings coordination, participation, monitoring and reporting;
- Support internal Bank’s coordination through information exchanges and teamwork with relevant divisions of the Bank; supporting the Department’s team and management in achieving their targets and objectives;
- Perform ad hoc tasks assigned by the Senior Management of the Department.
- Minimum of 5-10 years for Investment Officer (10-15 years for Senior Investment Officer) of relevant work experience in equity investments (funds or direct investments) or in corporate/project finance gained at institutional or other fund investors, commercial/investment banks and/or international financial institutions;
- Candidates should possess at the minimum a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree or equivalent preferred) from reputable competitive universities, preferably in business administration or finance;
- Experience in structuring comprehensive solutions across financial products using debt, private equity and funds, and/or capital market instruments;
- Experience in working on investment projects through an established approval process;
- Strong project leading/management skills - able to identify, engage and work with different stakeholders across private and public sectors, such as fund managers, investment advisors, issuers, institutional investors, regulators, banks and other intermediaries;
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills;
- Strong credit skills will be an advantage;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with specialization in business administration, economics, finance, or related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.