Head of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Competency Centre
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 38 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
Within the Executive Directorate (EXD), the Programme, Budget and Financial Management Service (EXD/PBF), supports the Executive Director and the Office of the Secretary-General in framing the OECD’s priorities, specifically in planning the biennial Programme of Work and Budget (PWB), the management of the Organisation’s financial resources, setting out financial and budget policies, co-ordinating the budget process, leading the end-to-end voluntary contribution management process, supervising the procurement function, ensuring the monitoring and accounting of all income and expenditure, hosting resource management activities and preparing the OECD's financial statements.
We are looking for a Head of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Competency Centre in the Programme, Budget and Financial Management Service of the Executive Directorate. The selected candidate will lead the evolution of financial and human resources systems, reporting to the Head of the Resource Management Systems Division (PBF/RMS). S/he will exercise responsibility for the timely delivery of the RMS/Enterprise Resource Planning Competency Centre work programme in close cooperation with PBF stakeholders in the finance community and Human Resource Service. The selected person will have management, communications, analytical and technical skills with a proven record of accomplishment of managing and delivering innovative Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) projects in the field of financial, human resources, and business intelligence.
- Manage, motivate and mentor the team of 10 staff of the ECC Unit including assigning and prioritising work, objective setting, feedback, coaching, and performance evaluation.
- Lead the analysis and implementation of IT solutions in the financial and human resources domains.
- Help others understand how their daily work contributes to the OECD mission and objectives, and inspire staff to contribute proactively to achieving them.
Information and Communications Technology
- Lead the development and maintenance of corporate ERP tools ensuring optimal use of leading-edge technology to increase efficiency and reduce operational risks.
- Plan and manage the conception, development, implementation and support of state-of-the-art digital solutions to meet the business needs of the Organisation.
- Conduct analyses to identify evolutions to financial systems to respond to user needs.
- Maintain, refresh and upgrade IT architecture, policies and procedures under his/her responsibilities, anticipating requirements in business priorities and organisational challenges.
- Guide the elaboration and execution processes of specific projects. Manage resources and ensure timely delivery of high quality outputs - on time and on budget – in accordance with the work programme.
Outreach, communication and training
- Collaborate closely with the Digital, Knowledge and Information Service (EXD/DKI) in relation to the development of operational specifications for IT modules, the definition of interfaces with external applications, the configuring of modules and the organisation of relevant testing, and the application of OECD IT policies within his/her scope.
- Manage communications to end-users on the implementation of financial and human resources systems improvements, oversee drafting and maintenance of related documentation and on-line assistance.
- Identify end-user training needs, prepare and implement the corporate training plan, lead training for staff on systems applications/modules and in working with external service providers.
- Manage and supervise service contracts and related documentation as supplied by external consultants.
- Provide regular operational feedback to the Head of Division on progress in implementing the financial systems strategy; propose improvements on its implementation.
- Co-ordinate and supervise requests made to EXD/PBF by external auditors with regard to financial information systems.
- Act as spokesperson for PBF/RMS as required and represent it on IT matters in internal and external fora as required.
- Perform any other functions in relation to the work of the Programme, Budget and Financial Management Service as requested.
Ideal Candidate profile
- Advanced university degree in computer science, business administration, finance or another relevant field.
- A minimum of 8 years' professional experience of which five years’ work experience in managing the development of financial and human resources management systems including web-based applications in a multi-user environment with remote access capabilities.
- Proven experience managing and leading a team in the development, operation and support of integrated ICT solutions and implementation of transformative automation projects.
- Very good knowledge and experience in leading contract negotiations, managing vendor relations and managed services.
- Experience in management and deployment of financial and human resources IT tools\: ERP systems, control mechanisms, risk indicators, automatic dashboards and Robotic Process Automation.
- Good knowledge of ICT trends, new technologies (AI, business intelligence, etc.) standards and commercial enterprise software, combined with good knowledge of workflow and user interface principles.
- Proven problem solving skills and professional knowledge of information and communication technologies, including systems operations, network and communications facilities, information security and software engineering.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentational and client-service skills, with the ability to maintain working relations in a multicultural environment with users at all levels and IT technicians.
- Proven experience developing innovative solutions for business needs, demonstrating the ability to think outside of the box.
- An excellent understanding of IT with at least three to seven years’ experience working with BO and SAP, in particular the Finance (FI), Funds Management (FM), Material Management (MM), Controlling (CO) and Project System (PS) modules will be an advantage.
- Confirmed practical experience in developing technical operating specifications for users and coordination of ERP implementation projects.
- In depth knowledge of SAP ERP, knowledge on SAP S4HANA, SAP BTP and SAP SCP would be an advantage.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important\: Achievement Focus, Managing resources and Developing talent, Client Focus, Teamwork and Team leadership.
- Please refer to the level 4 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Two-year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
- Monthly base salary starting from 8,886 EUR, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
- Click here to learn more about what we offer and why the OECD is a great place to work.
- Click here to browse our People Management Guidebook and learn more about all aspects relating to people at the OECD, our workplace environment and many other policies supporting staff in their daily life.
Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
For retained candidates, written tests/video-recorded interviews are foreseen for January 2022 and panel interviews are planned for February 2022.
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates who are nationals of OECD member countries, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.