IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture.
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The post is located in the Shared Services Centre. The Shared Services Centre (SSC) recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensure the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improve the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Continuous Improvement Unit, the Functional Analyst leads the business requirements gathering process, details business process flows, and develops implementation plans with the business units of FAO.
The functional analyst will be required to work across multiple operational and technology groups and clients. The functional analyst will document the business requirements, and lead the business analysis activity to align the business processes of FAO to selected system solutions, document business processes and determine the optimal configuration for the identified Oracle HR, Financials, Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management (SCM) modules.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Identify the integration points between Oracle modules in particular in the area of Oracle HR, Financials, Procurement and/or SCM.
- Coordinate collection, analysis of data utilizing a variety of techniques to gather information about the current state, best practices standards, and desired future processes.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions and work with process owners and other subject matter experts to identify scope of processes to be examined, define business requirements, establish success criteria, etc.
- Identify improvements and develop recommendations/solutions that allow senior management and process owners to make decisions about new best practices to ensure realization of improvements.
- Coordinate with the Business Process Owners and other key stakeholders to develop project plans to improve key areas such as Oracle HR, Financials, Procurement and/or SCM modules.
- Proactively monitor project statuses and intermediate deliverables and escalate issues to management and stakeholders.
- Coordinate creation of process maps – current/future – with insights from cross-functional team members, to identify opportunities/dependencies, and then use this data to make recommendations to improve processes.
- Prepare testing plans for functional requirements and coordinate testing activities with stakeholders and concerned business units and collects information on validation of results.
- Facilitate communications and change management.
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in business administration, project management, computer science, IT systems management, or other related field;
- Oracle certification(s) (e.g. Certified Implementation Specialist) or track record of Oracle E-Business suite large scale implementation.
- Minimum of 8 years of Oracle support/ development experience;
- Working knowledge (C level) of English and limited knowledge (B level) of a second UN language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian) required. For PSA.SBS working knowledge of English will be sufficient.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in supporting /developing Oracle HR, Financials, Purchasing and/or SCM solutions and technical design documents from business requirements;
- Experience of Oracle 12.2.10 version Upgrade and Patching will be of added advantage;
- Strong ERP and systems design experience is desired;
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence development tools would be an asset (OBIEE 11/12c, Answers, BI Publisher)
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI is desired.
- Experience in working with multicultural teams in business transformation efforts;
- Understanding of the United Nations is essential, and previous experience in FAO or other UN Agencies preferred.
- Cross-functional knowledge of procure-to-pay and logistics processes in the context of complex ERP systems
- Experience with Workflow Management applications (including third-party) and their system/platform integration with Oracle EBS or Cloud infrastructure in the area of HR, Financials and Procurement and/or SCM
- Experience with application of artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics and digital process automation
- Mind-set to leverage digital technology in line with modern procurement and supply-chain best practices
- Knowledge of best practices in the area of UN systems
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency