UN Women was established by GA resolution 64/289 of 2 July 2010 on system-wide coherence, with a mandate to assist Member States and the UN system to progress more effectively and efficiently towards the goal of achieving gender equality and the empowerment of women. Since 2001 UN Women (previously as UNIFEM) in Kyrgyzstan has implemented catalytic initiatives on promoting women’s economic, political and social rights. In 2012 a full Country Office (CO) was established.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Programme/Project Manager, the Administrative/Finance Assistant provides administrative/finance services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The Administrative/Finance Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative/Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations and Programme Units in the CO and project personnel to ensure consistent service delivery.
The functions/duties/ key results of this job description are generic and not all duties are carried out by all Administrative/Finance Assistants.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Provision of accounting, administrative, procurement, HR and logistical support
- Provision of support to office maintenance and assets management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative, procurement and HR activities with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Provision of inputs to preparation of workplans.
2. Provides administrative, finance, procurement, HR and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Interpretation and implementation of procedures and rules related to administrative, procurement, financial and personnel matters and ensure their compliance.
- Administrative support to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats, study tours, etc.
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations.
- Provision of all necessary support in organization of the above, as well as report to submission to UNDP office.
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Timely preparation and updating of procurement plans for the Programme.
- Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
- Preparation of requests with all supporting documents for issuance of Purchase orders, contracts, subcontracts and other documents related to procurement of goods and services.
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas, registration of goods receipt in Atlas, budget check for requisitions.
- Serving as a focal point in procurement processing for the Programme/Project
- Undertaking joint procurement activities under combined Purchase Orders for stationery, computer hardware, photocopiers; joint contracts for computer maintenance, air-conditioning maintenance, shipping services, etc.
- Certifying availability of funds and ensuring that the activities are in line with the approved workplan and budget levels.
- Monitoring regularly the Programme budget, provision of timely advice to the Programme Coordinator on fund limitations and obtaining approval of budget revision(s) from UNDP.
- Provision of information for reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures and potential funding problems.
- Assistance in proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for the Programme/Project; payment execution and monitoring payment status.
- Preparation of budget revisions per established rules.
- Ensuring the accurate book-keeping of advance funds received and preparation of reports, where relevant.
- Processing of financial documentation (vouchers, supporting documents, etc.) and maintaining internal expenditures control system by ensuring that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims, monthly payment orders (MPOs) and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Maintenance of Petty Cash
- Preparation and handling the routine correspondence related to general administration, procurement, financial and personnel matters; faxes; memoranda and reports in accordance with UNDP rules and procedures.
- Maintenance of files related to personnel, finance, procurement, administrative, logistical, programme/project matters.
- Checking vehicle logs and preparation of the draft vehicle history reports and maintenance plans.
- Assistance to the Audit and prepare necessary documents
- Performance of other duties as and when required
- Ensure timely extension of personnel contracts.
3. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring the Inventory Records, maintain the records and files on assets management, distribute the stationery to personnel and provide advice on procurement of goods to avoid unnecessary purchase.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance.
4. Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration, procurement, finance and HR.
- Briefing personnel on general administrative, financial and personnel matters.
• Respect for Diversity;
• Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
• Creative Problem Solving;
• Effective Communication;
• Inclusive Collaboration;
• Stakeholder Engagement;
• Leading by Example.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
• Ability to administer administrative processes and transactions;
• Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
• Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
• Good IT and web-based management skills.
• Ability to manage data/schedule, documents, correspondence, reports, and maintain protocol and information flow;
• Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
• Ability to perform work of confidential nature;
• Ability to create, edit and present information in clear format, using appropriate IT functionality;
• Ability to administer administrative processes
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree with trainings in finance/accounting confirmed by certificates, preferably in economics, management, accounting, finance.
- Specialized trainings in finance/accounting are desirable
- 3 years of relevant administrative, accounting and financial experience at national and/or international level is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Practical experience in procurement is an asset
- Fluency in English and Russian. Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset
All online applications must include (as an attachment) the completed Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment.
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.