Head of Customer Insights
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Job Title: Consultant
Division: PPF - Private Partnerships and Fundraising Division
Duty Station: Berlin, Germany. Remote agreement can be considered.
Type of Contract: full-time regular Consultant
Duration: 11 months
Deadline for applications: 09 January 2022
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT & PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change. Around 20,000 people work for the organization, most of them in remote areas, directly serving the hungry poor.
To reach a world with zero hunger, WFP is investing in and growing private sector fundraising and partnerships. Serving as a broker between WFP and the private sector, WFP’s Private Partnerships and Fundraising Division (PPF) strives to mobilize funding, technical assistance, innovative solutions and visibility and awareness to help WFP fulfil its mission, while offering companies and the wider public the opportunity to contribute to a world with zero hunger.
ShareTheMeal is WFP’s fundraising and awareness-raising app. Free to download, the award-winning app is a pioneering way for people to join our efforts in creating a world with zero hunger. ShareTheMeal was launched in 2015 as the first pilot of WFP’s Innovation Accelerator, which among other things supports start-ups and innovators in developing their ideas for zero hunger.
ShareTheMeal currently has more than 4.5 million users worldwide, who have shared more than 100 million meals (US$ 50 million). WFP is pursuing an ambitious growth strategy for individual giving, and ShareTheMeal is a key driver for this strategy going forward. The team, located in Berlin, is focused on further developing the app to include new and innovative features, and on increasing the engagement of existing users and growing the user base through marketing and communication initiatives.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant, reporting to the Head of the ShareTheMeal initiative, is expected to:
- Oversee and provide direction to members of the data & customer support teams
- Set, track, analyze and deliver a data roadmap as well as end-to-end reporting dashboards with near real-time data
- Continuously improve ShareTheMeal’s reporting platform end-to-end, from data extraction, loading and transformation, to visualisation and analysis
- Drive the development of ShareTheMeal’s analytics stack & customer insights as well as collaborate with stakeholders across marketing, product, operations and tech teams to optimize work efficiencies and drive better outcomes, within the constraints of the organization
- Continuously improve working processes within PPF’s individual giving teams to drive higher efficiencies and ensure optimized experience data on our mobile and web platforms
- Work with team to setup SMART objectives that align with the business goals and technical priorities; Monitor and support team performance to ensure objectives are met
- Evangelise the value of data at ShareTheMeal
- Drive operations of the data and customer insights team supporting the day-to-day business as well as experimentations and insights
- Drive cross-pollination with PPF’s individual giving teams and support the division’s BYTE project implementation
- Support the revenue growth towards sustainability by 2025
- Serve as the subject-matter expert supporting special projects such as supporting geo expansion and special funding such as Zakat
- Enable finance-reporting and forecasting, responding to special reporting requirements such as EB board
- Supporting mentoring and new hires for growth
- Supporting relations with key stakeholders at Apple and Google
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT
- Well maintained and documented analytics stack
- End-to-end reporting dashboards with near real-time data supporting the business including product, marketing, partnerships, content
- Well planned and documented Data Roadmap
- Continuous delivery of data insights and data-related requests as agreed upon with management
- High performing data team that supports the analytics ambitions of product and marketing at ShareTheMeal
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Terms and Conditions
Short-listed candidates can be subject to written assessment.
This consultancy assignment is renewable upon funding.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by role’s responsibilities and deliverables - please note that as per UN WFP policy the offer is not assessed on personal qualifications and expectations.
Visit the website for detailed information on working with WFP: http://www.wfp.org - Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about our operations.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
We greatly appreciate your interest in WFP and joining our mission to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030
Saving Lives, Changing Lives!