Ref. Number: 22036
Department: Graduate Program, Strategy Stream
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: 10 January 2021
Closing Date: 6 February 2022
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
This position will be under the Strategy Stream.
About the role:
The Economics Department, headed by the Chief Economist, is responsible for providing thought leadership and high-quality analyses to guide the policy and investment program of the Bank. The Bank is looking for an Economic Analyst who could display all-round capabilities in economic research and analysis. The rotation plan will be developed based on the candidate’s skill sets, qualifications and preference.
- Retrieve and prepare timely data, statistics, and market information to support the analytical work within the Bank.
- Contribute to the building of data assets and digital initiatives in the Department.
- Conduct analysis, independently or in teams, as requested by management on macroeconomic or infrastructure issues.
- Conduct project cost-benefit analysis or reviews, as required.
- Assist to prepare and publish AIIB’s flagship analytical reports.
- Assist the organization of workshops and roundtables (including working with external consultants) to build up staff capacity.
- Collaborate with other departments in preparing select projects.
- Work closely with the Chief Economist and Manager on other important tasks.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 1-2 years with a Master’s degree expected, ideally gained working in an economic research or policy development setting. Familiarity with AIIB’s client economies would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Proficiency in common econometrics techniques and statistical software, data analysis, and data visualization, is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience in data science and geospatial analysis will be an advantage. Prior experience in infrastructure or development economics will be helpful (but not strictly necessary).
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.