M&E and Analytics Lead, JEET
M&E and Analytics Lead, JEET
- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate, William J. Clinton Foundation's (WJCF), has been working in India since 2004 in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the central and state levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently, CHAI/WJCF programs support government initiatives on Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, cancer, immunization, and health financing. Additionally, CHAI/WJCF supports many state governments on large-scale programs to arrest childhood and maternal mortality due to malnutrition, anaemia, diarrhoea and pneumonia, and helping increase access to quality family planning services.
About the Project
India has the highest burden of Tuberculosis (TB) in the world, accounting for more than 27% of the global TB incidence. Of the 2.8 million annual estimated incidence, more than half access diagnosis and care in the private sector, where there are significant gaps across the care cascade because of diagnostic delays, irrational and non-standardized regimens and catastrophic health expenditure to patients.
The Joint Effort for Eliminating TB (JEET) project aims to set-up effective and sustainable structures to strengthen existing systems and seamlessly extend quality of TB care to patients seeking care in private sector. To this effect, WJCF has setup Patient Provider Support Agencies (PPSA) across seven states to provide continuous, end-to-end engagement of private sector and extend quality care to all patients. In the past two years, the project has supported over 250,000 patients to access quality care and treatment support.
India continues to bear the world’s highest burden of tuberculosis (TB) in terms of absolute numbers of incident TB cases. An estimated 350M people in India are latently infected with TB and 4M new TB infections occur every year. India has set an ambitious target of eliminating TB by 2025. In order to achieve this target, the National Strategic Plan 2017–2025 has set an ambitious target of 95% LTBI identified/eligible cases to be initiated on TB Preventive Treatment (TPT) by 2025.
The Joint Effort for Eliminating TB (JEET) project aims to address the LTBI burden by establishing innovative mechanisms for contact tracing of pulmonary TB patients, diagnostics and ensure access to quality care. The project is the first of its kind, large scale programmatic intervention on LTBI. The project is being implemented in 11 states and union territories across the country and is expected to impact over 1.3M individuals over three years.
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with demonstrated leadership skills and outstanding analytical skills. The M&E and Analytics Lead will report directly to the Project Director based at Delhi and will work closely with Program Lead to support activities in JEET project. The ideal candidate must have excellent communications skills, strong analytical skills, be able to independently drive engagement with key implementation partners and oversee large scale project implementation. We place great value on relevant qualities such as resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, energy, and work ethic.
  Houben RMGJ, Dodd PJ. The global burden of latent tuberculosis infection: a re-estimation using mathematical modelling. PLoS Medicine. 2016;13(10):e1002152
- Lead the design and development of M&E frameworks and develop implementation and reporting mechanisms to facilitate effective oversight and management at the national, state and district levels
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort
- Synthesize results and disseminate them internally and externally through presentations, reports, briefs and publications
- Act as a thought partner to the implementation team in streamlining data systems with operational processes
- Design and implement programme review and monitoring processes at national and state level
- Support the Project Director and Program Lead in ensuring that the M&E and surveillance activities are aligned with programmatic work plans and inform policy processes
- Support Project Director in donor reporting activities including consolidation of relevant data and evidence of impact
- Supervise activities and provide guidance to the M&E Analysts, Data analysts and MIS Lead
- Monitor and support development and maintenance of project MIS and dashbboards
- Support the development of study design and research and evaluation tools, including research protocols, ethics applications, and standard operating procedures (quantitative and qualitative)
- Where relevant, liaise with academic institutions and/or other implementing partners that might have relevant data that can be leveraged for program monitoring
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Management, Public Health, Economics or related field
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience in M&E, analytics or research
- Analytical (quantitative and qualitative) skills with the ability to effectively communicate (orally and in written form) to a variety of audiences
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities, as well as creative thinking capabilities
- High level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with emerging technologies for data collection and reporting (including experience using open-source data collection tools like ODK, and BI tools like PowerBI and Tableau); comfort with developing complex data collection forms and dashboards preferred
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and be effective under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations
- Willingness to travel if required and at short notice