The Data Specialist collaborates with various program teams in IRC’s New Jersey office to meet internal and external data needs. They will be responsible for reviewing data in current web-based systems (primarily Efforts to Outcomes, ETO) and performing regular quality assurance to support timely reporting to funders. The data specialist will also serve as the site administrator for ETO, ensuring all staff and interns have correct and timely access to ETO and that they are aware of necessary training materials for system use. They will lead data clean-up efforts and work with program teams to identify and implement efficient data tracking systems to meet clients, staff, program and funder needs. This is a limited-term position through September 30, 2023 (37.5 hours per week from hire through 9/30/22, then reduced to 18.75 hours per week from October 2022 through September 2023).
- Prepare and/or review data sets and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support office leadership and program managers with data quality assurance and analysis.
- Lead implementation of new funder-mandated data-tracking system scheduled to roll out May-June 2022.
- Pull, review and correct data to ensure accurate report submission to funders on a monthly, quarterly and semi-annual basis.
· Minimize duplication of data entry across programs and identify gaps and process improvements that increase data entry efficiency.
· Support client counts and other needed metrics by working with deputy director, program managers and coordinators.
· Act as ETO focal point for staff and interns, including access for new staff, account terminations and management of ETO shared user accounts.
· Ensure that program staff are aware of Quarterly ETO Release Updates
· Other duties as assigned.
· University undergraduate degree required, preferably in Social Sciences, Information Systems, or related field (relevant experience may substitute for required degree).
· Experience with social service case management or program management software, client relationship management, relational databases, or other information systems for client management.
· Excellent computer skills are required, especially MS Excel
· Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions fully and precisely are essential
· Ability to quickly learn information systems including IRIS, ETO, Integra, etc.
· Solid organizational skills: work productively and accurately while under pressure in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Excellent communications skills, including English fluency (written and verbal)
- Flexible work attitude: ability to work in a team and independently, and meet unexpected demands
- Experience with ETO system is a plus
- Experience with Office of Refugee Resettlement funded programs is a plus
· A combination of standard office environment and remote work to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.