Regional Finance Manager - RAI EUROPE
London | Belgrade | Athens | Berlin | Milan
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back-up, process the payments and follow up with HQ on any outstanding payment
• Review bank reconciliation monthly and liaison with the country bank on banking issues if any
• Monitor spending of regional funds (TR and Unrestricted funds and other)
• Assist RAI Europe RFDD in implementation of the Interga and assessment of the finance needs for the implementation for the country offices in RAI Europe
Planning and Budgeting:
• Support the RAI Europe RFDD F in the development, review and update of the annual regional office budget and of the country office budget as needed; consult with relevant staff as needed to get input on staff payroll and local allowances, staff direct costs (travel, meetings, training, workshops, software, subscriptions, consultancy, etc.) and office costs (including shared costs);
• Support region’s country offices, as requested, with the development new budgets and the budget realignments when applicable.
Financial review and reporting:
• Do the month end uploading to SUN for Serbia, Italy and Moldova Offices and any other Country Office as requested by the Regional Management Team; lead and manage the country financial monthly closing process (collection and review of Journal entries from the respective Sr Finance Officers), generate accounting and financial report from SUN System needed for the monthly closing.
• Produce monthly and quarterly reports, internal and external, to be reviewed by RAI Europe RFDD (e.g., Balance Sheet Reconciliation, Balance Sheet Projections etc.)
• Prepare monthly FM01 for the for Serbia, Italy and Moldova Offices and any other Country Office as requested by the Regional Management Team.
• Coordinate preparation and remittance of withholding taxes for Balkans, Italy, and Moldova Offices both national staff and vendors.
• Provide support with the preparation of other government required documents.
• Liaise with Sr Finance Partnerships Officers to ensure timely submission of reports, payment of sub award advances and periodic payments.
• Assist on matters relating to payroll processing in-country
• Develop salary matrices per need
• Act at all times in accordance with country law and standards of accounting practice
• Review, with the objective of gaining a clear understanding, budget guidelines and instructions.
• Prepare actual to budget expenditures reports
• Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
• Provide training, as needed, to program and finance staff on finance issues.
• Be receptive to training provided and to develop his or her technical and professional competence.
• Follow any new procedures and guidelines
• Financial monitoring and capacity building of Local NGOs
• Any other tasks as requested by Regional Deputy Director Finance
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance or Economics,
• Minimum of five years in accounting/finance.
• Must be able to function comfortably in a complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
• Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with staff.
• Good time management and interpersonal skills. Strong computer skills, especially in excel.#LI-GR2