Temporary Appointment Driver, (GS-2), Bata, Equatorial Guinea #91303
Logistical situation is turning more complicated with national activities such as the newly emerge Covid19 in Equatorial Guinea with local transmission. Unicef is hiring a driver to support the office during this difficults health situation to continue with the activities of Bata and the support our partners in need in the continent. For those activities UNICEF hires cars, being limited to guarantee the safety and success of the missions.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Chief of Operations or Operations/Administrative Manager/Assistant, the Driver, at the G-2 level, provides reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Key Expected Results
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel; delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities, as required
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs. Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Collect and delivers mail or documents when required, performs all the errands for the Programme Unit in Bata
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken, in case of involvement in an accident.
- Performs other duties, as required.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Primary education; driver’s license; knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffers courtesies, skills in minor vehicle repair. Initiative and discretion.
- Two year’s work experience as a driver; safe driving record.
- Good knowledge of the Spanish, knowledge of other UN language and local
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.