Explosive Ordnance Risk Education Facilitator (multiple roles)
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is present in Ukraine since 2014 and currently responding to the evolving humanitarian crisis - providing support in the various sectors including Protection, Economic Recovery, Humanitarian Disarmament & Peacebuilding (HDP), Shelter & Settlements and others.
Mine risk education is an important part of the work of the Danish Refugee Council in Ukraine, given the contamination of land by mines and explosive ordnance. In this regard, DRC is looking for Explosive Ordnance Risk Education (EORE) Facilitator to join our team in Kyiv.
Your Main Responsibilities will be:
- Conduct direct EORE sessions for adults, adolescent, and children according to DRC Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (hereinafter referred to as the HDP) SOPs, using standard and approved methodologies.
- Carry out administrative tasks (preparing Purchase Requisitions, Order Requests, etc.).
- Follow given work plans and guidelines.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by HDP Programme Manager, EORE Team Leaders, and/or EORE Specialists.
- Functions as a rapid response EORE trainer ensuring the dissemination of EORE messages among affected population.
- Participates in planning of EORE activities.
- Undertakes regular monitoring of activities, reports on number of beneficiaries reached, and provides updated data disaggregated by gender, age, and disability (when possible).
- Prepares documents, according to DRC accountancy, for the conducted trainings, meeting, other such activities.
- Maintains good working relations within DRC and other organizations in the area of responsibility
- Understands and ensures compliance with the DRC HDP EORE SOP on Risk Education.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of accident hotspots and shares the information collected in the field with the EORE Team Leaders to inform future deployment plans.
- Assists with the development and improvement of EORE materials and delivery methodologies.
- Maintains the knowledge on the common types of landmines and other Explosive Ordnance in Ukraine.
Required experience and competencies
- University degree in Education or Pedagogy or in other relevant field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a humanitarian organization or an educational institution. Experience working with children, adolescent, and adult audiences, public speaking capacity.
- Languages: fluent in Ukrainian and Russian languages, with at least a basic level of English.
- Computer literacy: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office package (with focus on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- An interesting opportunity to work with the International Humanitarian Organization
- Fixed-term Labor Contract
- Medical and Life Insurance
Contract length: until the end of June 2023, after 3 months of probation period.
Start date: ASAP
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council's Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 21 of August, 2022
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.