Head Of Support Services
Danish Refugee Council/Danish Demining Group (DRC/DDG) is one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, working in more than 40 countries to provide adequate assistance with a rights-based approach to refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced persons, returnees and migrants. DRC/DDG is currently looking for a highly qualified Spanish and English-speaking Head of Support Services (HoSS) for a 12-month contract (renewable for depending on funding) in Colombia. This is an opportunity for an experienced and dynamic professional to support and strengthen DRC / DDG programme in Colombia.
DRC/DDG established operational presence in Colombia in 2011 with focus on Humanitarian Mine Action (HMA) and providing support to conflict-affected population in the south of the country. With the onset of the large mixed migration flows into Colombia due to the Venezuelan crisis, DRC started up an integrated humanitarian response in 2018 to meet the urgent needs of refugees, asylum seekers, migrants, Colombian returnees, and host communities. Hence, DRC has been able to assist the Colombian population, Venezuelan refugees, migrants and host communities through its integrated humanitarian response.
Overall purpose of the role:
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
- Operationally and strategically responsible for Finance, Human Resources, Logistics and Procurement, Code of conduct, Administration, and IT.
- Oversees, develops and provides strategic direction to his/her support areas.
- Lead and manage the support managers (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Manage, deliver and report on current operations programme support in geographic scope
- Establish high performing support teams ensuring high-quality approaches are maintained
- Develop and improve operational approaches, compliance and systems, and support the Country Director to build and deliver effective and sustainable interventions.
- Responsible for the strategic development, management and implementation of the support operations
- Ensure appropriate technical support is available to programs, in line with organizational priorities
- Ensure support for annual planning and review processes
- Direct responsibility for ensuring that the DRC Programme operates in accordance with DRC’s support function guidelines
- Support the Country Director and the Senior Management Team in liaising with donors and authorities, especially as relates to issues of compliance, registration, and audit
- Oversee the operational support units for the country by providing strategic leadership and technical support to the areas under his/her supervision
- Supervision, audits and controlling and implementation of corrective actions related to DRC’s operational standards within support area.
- Ensure that DRC retains and continually develops its operational capacity to provide rapid emergency response in particular within its procurement and transport systems
- Develop a risk management plan for the country that identifies the major financial and operational risks and implement a mitigation strategy
- Ensure that all administrative and legal-related systems are accurate and maintained
- Work to build the capacity of the operational support staff throughout the operation though frequent in-service training sessions and mentoring support
- Contribute to the development and implementation of DRC’s global development initiatives
DRC Dynamics ERP System
- Ensure ERP functionality is properly used by relevant staff
- Apply reports and data analytics from DRC Dynamics to improve overall performance
- Act as heavy user for most of the Projects & Finance functionalities
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 7 years' experience in relevant field
- At least 4 years' experience with people management
- Experience in a similar role in an international NGO
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management
- Proven operational management experience and capability, including in conflict areas
- Proven significant financial, information and systems management experience
- Significant experience in procurement and tender processes
- Understanding and experience of institutional fundraising
- Understanding of the countries in which DRC operates and sensitive to the cultural context
- Experience working in an ERP system, including supply chain, finance and HR systems
- Full professional proficiency in English
Master's degree in political science, international development, economics or other relevant field.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Contract length: 12 months with possible extension, depending on funding
- Level: E
- Duty Station: Bogota with travels l Family duty station - Unaccompanied
- Start date: as soon as possible not later than 1st December 2022
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Irene Cabrera, Country Director: email@example.com